Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls that you can make ahead of time. Even the day before. Put them in your fridge overnight and bake them in the morning.
Don’t be afraid to make Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.
I know they look complicated. But homemade cinnamon rolls are not hard and honestly, doesn’t take that much time to make.
They aren’t hard at all. My bread machine does most of the work for me. I just have to add the ingredients and turn it on! If I haven’t sold you on a bread machine yet, please get one.
What if I don’t have a bread machine?
You can use a Kitchen Aid Mixer or just your own elbow grease. I like using the mixer too because it mixes and kneads the cinnamon rolls then I set them aside to rise. So easy.
What is in that delicious brown sugar/cinnamon filling?
Well, brown sugar and cinnamon. I know some people use white sugar but I like a brown sugar filling the best. It adds a rich flavor and it blends so well with the butter in the recipe.
The amounts in the recipe for the brown sugar and cinnamon are just a guide. I don’t usually stick with it as we really like our filling. You can certainly add more or less as your family prefers.
Same with the butter. I use enough to coat the dough evenly.
How does the homemade cinnamon roll dough rise in the fridge?
It rise moderately in the fridge, then when you pull the rolls out in the morning, simply set the rolls on the stove while the oven is preheating. The rolls will soften while you do that and be ready to rise in the oven.
Delicious and easy, these homemade cinnamon rolls are a breakfast or brunch treat. They are great on the go and they will be loved by your family. The ooey gooey brown sugar/cinnamon filling topped with a easy frosting glaze.
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Bread Machine
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cup flour (I use unbleached)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- softened butter for spreading
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place ingredients in bread machine in order listed.
- Set machine on dough cycle.
- When machine is done, roll out dough on lightly floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Spread with butter.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on dough. Roll up dough tightly starting with the longest side. Cut in one inch slices.
- Place in greased pan and cover with a lightly greased plastic wrap
- Place in refrigerator overnight
- Remove from fridge, remove plastic wrap and place on oven while oven is preheating
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Mix all frosting ingredients until desired consistency
- Drizzle on rolls
- **To use Kitchen Aid Mixer, place all ingredients in mixer in order listed and mix using a kneading hook. Mix on low speed until ingredients are blended then knead for 5 minutes on medium speed. Set bowl in warm place and let rise for 45 minutes. Continue to make rolls as directed**
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.