Ice Cream Cinnamon Rolls are a delicious way to start your day. Easy to make, these rolls can use store bought cinnamon rolls with only a few ingredients added, including ice cream Gooey and flavorful, enjoy these great rolls!
Ice Cream Cinnamon Rolls were made on a spur of the moment whim. I was walking through Aldi's when I thought I would buy a tube of cinnamon rolls. I generally make my own homemade cinnamon rolls but I like to buy store bought on occasion because you never know what you can make with them.
What is in the topping?
The recipe for these cinnamon rolls is an easy one. It is only 4 ingredients and one of them is the cinnamon rolls. The topping is made up of ice cream, brown sugar and melted butter. The ingredients are melted together and poured over the uncooked cinnamon rolls.
It is almost like Monkey Bread but Monkey Bread doesn't have ice cream in the ingredients. The ice cream adds a great flavor and texture to the cinnamon rolls. This recipe is also much like the classic sticky bun recipe but much easier.
Tips and helpful hints:
:: When you put the ingredients into the pan, you will feel there is no way the cinnamon rolls won't end up floating in liquid. Trust me, I thought that. However, it is okay. The oven will bake the liquid into the rolls and the rolls will rise. It will work.
:: When you pull the rolls from the oven, make sure you turn it out onto a pan right away. Otherwise, the mixture will harden and, well, your rolls may be forever stuck to the pan.
:: These rolls are best served warm, but they are still great later on in the day. Keep leftover cinnamon rolls covered in fridge. Reheat 15 seconds in microwave.
Ice Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tube Pillsbury cinnamon rolls can use generic brand
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter, brown sugar and ice cream in a microwave safe bowl until melted. About 30 seconds
- In a greased square 8 or 9 inch pan, separate the cinnamon rolls and set in pan
- Pour the melted mixture over top the rolls
- Bake at 400* for 17-20 minutes or until rolls are a light golden
- Remove from oven, turn out onto a cookie sheet or plate immediately
- Let cool briefly then serve