Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread is a “quick” favorite! Easy to put together, great for breakfast or snack. Imagine taking this to a brunch? Wonderful!
*This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure is here.
Do you make quick breads at your home? This quick cinnamon swirl bread is a good place to start. It can be made for breakfast, a brunch or just for the family.
It didn’t last long though, so doubling the recipe may be advisable. :-)
See Related: freezing fresh summertime fruit
Baking Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread Tips
I like recipes that you don’t need a lot of dishes for. With my 4 children, I seem to wash dish after dish after dish. And then some! When you can have a recipe that only takes one mixing bowl and a loaf pan, I’ll take it! Like this one bowl applesauce cake (a favorite my Mom used to make!).
Tip #1: Use as much cinnamon sugar as you would like. For this recipe, I put amounts and of course, I wouldn’t put 2 cups of sugar in it, but if you want to add another teaspoon or two, I won’t tell. ;-)
Tip #2: You don’t have to measure exactly half the batter (see below). You can simply eyeball it for half, add the cinnamon mixture, then add the other half. No one will judge, I promise!
Tip #3: For this recipe you will need a mixing bowl like this one. (I love ones with handles! Mine broke after 21 years of use and I need to get a new one.) You will also need a loaf pan and mixing spoon.
To make, simply combine all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together. Add in the wet ingredients. Take half the mixture and spread it in a greased loaf pan.
The take the cinnamon/sugar mixture and pour half on top of dough. Spread the rest of the dough on top and the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Swirl the dough all around with a knife.
Bake and eat! So delicious. Make sure you take the bread out of the pan about 10 minutes after taking it out of the oven. Don’t wait too long or it could be hard to remove.
Quick Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour I used unbleached
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk I used almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar for topping
- 3 tsp cinnamon for topping
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for frosting
- 2 tsp milk I used almond milk
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking soda, salt, together in large mixing bowl
- Mix in milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir well
- Spread 1/2 mixture in bottom of greased loaf pan
- Stir together 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl
- Spread 1/2 cinnamon sugar mixture over dough in loaf pan
- Spread rest of dough carefully over top. Then rest of cinnamon sugar mixture
- Swirl with a knife maybe 10-15 times cutting through to the bottom
- Bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes until center is set. Oven times may vary
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then remove onto cooling rack. Mix together frosting ingredients and drizzle over top. Serve
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.