Another easy dessert to put on the Christmas Tray! Gotta love simple recipes that taste delicious. This Crunchy Butterscotch Candy certainly is just that!
Simplicity at it's finest. Gotta love easy and simple desserts that are only a few ingredients. Crunchy Butterscotch Candy is a recipe all ages can make and will fill the cookie or candy tray quite easily.
Do you have eager bakers at your house? We certainly do. This candy recipe will be a cinch for them to whip together. The best part? You really can't mess it up. If you don't want butterscotch, use peanut butter chips on the bottom. I've seen mint chips at the store, you can use that as well.
To make this crunchy butterscotch candy
Simply melt butterscotch chips in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Take them out and stir them. Melt them more if needed, at about 15 second intervals.
After the chips are melted, spread it evenly on waxed paper. Let the melted chips cool in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
Melt the almond bark according to package directions. When melted, stir in rice krispy cereal. Spread the mixture on top of the melted butterscotch chips.
Let cool for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
Break the candy into little pieces. This candy breaks easily apart. Store into an airtight container.
Take it for Christmas this year. Make a whole batch of different varieties. The rice krispies add such a great crunch. Eating this candy is almost like eating a Crunch Bar. Mmm... homemade crunch bar. Yum.
Crunchy Butterscotch Candy
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch chips
- 6 cubes vanilla almond bark
- ¾ cup rice krispies
- Melt butterscotch chips in microwave safe bowl for 45 seconds
- Stir, then melt at 15 second intervals until melted completely
- Spread evenly on wax paper
- Let cool for 15 minutes in refrigerator
- Meanwhile, melt almond bark according to package directions
- After melting, add rice krispy cereal
- Spread on top of cooled butterscotch layer
- Cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes
- Break apart and store in an air tight container
Like more Christmas recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment!