Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches sounds so time consuming and special, doesn’t it. It really isn’t.
This is one of those meals last week that I literally THREW in the crock pot in preparation to bolt out the door. It is not hard. It doesn’t take any thought. In fact, when planning this post, I wondered if I should even post it. It is THAT easy. However, I wanted to help other busy cooks like myself so they would have a quick and DELICIOUS meal when they arrived home from work, kid driving or church.
What is nice about these pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches, is the BBQ sauce. We, um, use bottled sauce most of the time. However, if you have a favorite recipe you can use it on these sandwiches. (By the way, if you have a favorite recipe, send it in to me!) :-) We typically use Kraft Honey Hickory Smoke. It is a nice blend of flavors however not to spicy for the little ones. I want to mention this chicken sandwich was VERY kid friendly. Everyone ate it, quite happily, and it was taken in lunches the next couple of days. Not only did I get a quick supper out of it, I got several lunches as well. Got to love that!
Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Take frozen or thawed chicken breasts and place in crock pot.
- FROZEN chicken-cook on high for 4 hours.
- THAWED chicken-cook on low for 4 hours.
- After cooking chicken, pour 1 cup (or more depending on taste) of BBQ sauce on chicken.
- Shred the chicken with forks.
- Cook the chicken on low for 1-2 hours more.
- *If you are using frozen chicken, you may want to drain the juices off before you add the BBQ sauce.
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.