This Grilled Chicken Salad with crispy fresh lettuce, tomatoes and bacon is a great lunch or supper idea. Turn on the grill to add this delicious seasoned grilled chicken to a wonderful salad recipe.
I love a good salad. Especially a salad with all the fixings in it. Tomatoes, fresh lettuce, hard boiled eggs, it's all good. The best ingredient? Grilled chicken.
When grilled chicken is added to a salad, it just adds another layer of depth and taste. The dressing is, of course is optional with all of the salad ingredients, but a good homemade dressing like this honey dressing on the strawberry lettuce salad is perfect!
- spring mix lettuce - a mix of romaine or green leaf would work
- cherry tomatoes - sliced
- shredded parmesan cheese - or Mozzarella
- sliced almonds
- Bacon - cooked and crumbled
- sunflower seeds
- hard boiled eggs
- grilled chicken - seasoned and sliced
- Homemade Italian Dressing
Grilling the chicken
The chicken can be grilled on a gas or charcoal grill. I used a Blackstone (or flattop) outdoor grill.
The chicken breasts can be seasoned however you prefer. I used this seasoning from Weber and it was the perfect compliment to this salad. Also, no other seasoning was needed like salt or pepper.
Roasted garlic and herb seasoning forms almost a crust on the chicken then helps the seasoning stick to the cooked chicken.
To prepare the chicken breasts for grilling, carefully slice the chicken in half lengthwise if the chicken is too thick. I also like to take the chicken and place it in a gallon sized bag and flatten the meat a little so it will cook better and faster.
No need for fancy equipment, I use a rolling pin.
Then season the chicken and grill. Be sure the chicken juices run clear when done cooking and the internal temperature of the chicken at it's thickest part is 165 degrees.
Making the grilled chicken ahead of time
The chicken can be made ahead of time by grilling the chicken then freezing or refrigerating it. To do so, wrap the chicken and place in an airtight container. The chicken can be in the refrigerator for 2 days or keep frozen for up to 3 months.
If you have leftovers of the salad, wrap up the salad and place in the refrigerator. The salad will stay fresh for up to 36 hours.
Yes! Adapt the salad to your likings.
Ranch, honey mustard, Italian or poppy seed is what I recommend. This Homemade Italian Dressing is perfect!
Sure! It's up to you!
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1 grill
- 1 salad bowl
- 8 oz spring mix lettuce
- 4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 2 chicken breasts
- 10 cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 eggs hardboiled
- 2 tablespoons herb and garlic seasoning
- Heat the grill up to the manufacture instructions.
- If desired, cut large chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
- Season the chicken breasts with the herb and garlic seasoning.
- Grill the chicken on each side for 6-8 minutes, until juices run clear and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, layer together the lettuce, tomatoes, cooked bacon, almonds, eggs and sunflower seeds.
- Slice the chicken into strips and place on top of salad.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge.
- Add desired dressing before serving.