This Strawberry Pie is a springtime favorite dessert the whole family enjoys. Using fresh strawberries, this dessert is one of my most requested.
Picture and post updated May 3, 2017
Yes, I know. I’m going to guess, and correct me if I am wrong, you want to reach through the computer and take a piece of this strawberry pie. I do. And I had a piece yesterday. Maybe a little more than a piece. Ahem.
This recipe is our dear neighbor’s recipe. There is nothing but goodness that comes out of her kitchen. She gave us this strawberry pie recipe after making it for us several years ago. One bite and we were hooked. I have have made this exceptionally easy and quick dessert so many times. Always a crowd pleaser and a crowd wowser. (Is that a word?)
The crust is a shortbread type that is almost to dry to eat but somehow pairs just beautifully with this easy dessert recipe. Strawberry pie is sweet and when you add ice cream or whipped cream on the top, the pie melts in your mouth and you want seconds. Or thirds. 😉
There is seriously nothing else to say except to give you this recipe. The picture speaks for itself. Delightfully good. Delightfully strawberry. Enough said.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1 (3oz) box strawberry Jell-O
- 1 quart (or slightly more) sliced fresh strawberries
- Mix all together and add 1/2 cup oil and 2 T milk. Mix well. Press on the bottom and up the sides of a large pie plate. Bake at 425* for about 7 minutes or until starting to have a very light brown color. Set aside.
For The Strawberry Filling
- Put first three filling ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat until mixture is clear (a slightly cloudy color) and thickened, stirring very often.
- Remove from heat and add (1) 3 oz box Strawberry Jello. Cool. Stir in 1 quart cut strawberries. Pour mixture in pie shell and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- *I have added the strawberries immediately (if I didn't have time to let it cool) to the warm jello mixture.