I just served this 3 ingredient slow cooker shredded roast beef to my family for lunch and I still want to reach through the screen and take a piece. This roast beef cooks all day in the slow cooker and your house will smell amazing in the process.
This crock pot recipe is a simple recipe made for those busy days you know you need to feed the family but your day is PACKED with activities.
This 3 ingredient slow cooker shredded roast beef is really just three ingredients. It can be four but it doesn't have to be. Totally up to you.
This easy crock pot recipe is very flavorful and cooks all day why you are away. It can be made into sandwiches or put on top a bed of white or brown rice. These Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes would be great too. It can also be great for leftovers.
The pulled pork recipe is much of the same way. Only 3 ingredients and cooks in the crock pot all day.
Why you will love this recipe
- This roast beef recipe is simple to make
- It only takes a couple of minutes to put in the crock pot
- This recipe is easy to make for a crowd or your family
- The flavors blend so well together and is so delicious!
- Eye of round roast (or rump roast) - you could also use a deer roast for venison roast
- Onion soup mix - Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix
- Gravy mix - a brown gravy mix
- Beef broth - this is optional. Water can be used
How simple is this recipe? Start with your choice of roast beef. Personally, we mostly eat Eye of Round Roast but sometimes I use a rump roast.
Add a packet of gravy mix, onion soup mix and I add ¼ cup of beef broth to the bottom of the crock pot. (Just to encourage the flavor and remind the roast to cook. You can use a ¼ cup of water.)
Please also know that if you want to add a little more broth/water you certain can. I wouldn't add more than ¾ of a cup however.
Set the slow cooker on high and walk away. Be amazed. Be hungry because your house will smell great while it is cooking. If you are in the market for a crock pot, I recommend this slow cooker from Crock Pot, it has locks for easy travel and a simple knob to determine temperature. Personally, I like simple.
After the roast is done cooking, shred the roast with two forks. Then I like to let the roast simmer on low for another 30-45 minutes to let the inside of the roast soak up the flavors of the onion and gravy mix.
This crock pot roast beef recipe can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days (in the refrigerator). The meat can also be frozen in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
- If the roast is frozen, it will take up to 7 hours to cook on high. If it is fresh, the roast will take 5 hours on high. The bigger the roast the longer it will take. This recipe is for a 2.5-3 lb roast.
- If it looks like the roast is drying out, you can always add a little more broth or water. I don't usually have the problem but I wanted to add that for you just in case.
This 3 ingredient slow cooker shredded roast beef is a favorite in my family for its taste. It is a favorite of mine for its easy recipe. You decide, why will you love this roast beef??
3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Shredded Roast Beef
- 3 lb roast beef
- .87 oz brown gravy mix 1 package
- 1 oz Lipton Onion Soup Mix 1 package
- ¾ cup water or beef broth optional
- Place thawed roast beef, gravy mix, onion mix and water or beef broth in crock pot
- Set crock pot on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours
- Shred meat and serve on buns or on top of rice (or eat plain!)
Need some more crock pot recipes? Try: