Pizza Casserole with Ravioli is a new combination between ravioli casserole and pizza bake. Delicious way to #feedthefam
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read our disclosure here.
This is what happens when I wanted something a little different for supper and had ravioli sitting in the freezer just waiting to be used.
Doesn’t hurt that I’m a food blogger and creating new dishes is what I do. ;-)
Pizza Casserole with Ravioli is rich with cheeses, flavored with Italian seasoning and garlic and has everyone’s favorite, the pepperoni. Of course, if you would want to, you could add green pepper, mushrooms or any vegetable you would like. As you know, vegetables are a strongly discouraged by my meatatarian husband, however he is getting better.
How To Make Pizza Casserole With Ravioli
This pizza casserole is a mix between Pizza Bake and Ravioli Casserole. I wanted to make pizza bake but as I mentioned, the ravioli was calling my name. As I was wondering if I could mix the two dishes, I realized that ravioli has sausage in it and sausage goes great with pizza. The pizza bake I usually make, has pasta in it as does the ravioli.
See what I am getting at here? Sausage, pasta, cheese, pizza sauce, it all comes together and works well together. Yum.
The casserole would be a company favorite and is very filling. Think potluck dish. :-)
Pizza Casserole With Ravioli
- 1 25 oz bag frozen sausage ravioli
- 2 14 oz jars pizza sauce
- 1 8 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 8 oz bag mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 bag pepperoni
- 1 egg
- 1 lb hamburger
- Italian seasoning , salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Cook hamburger until no longer pink in frying pan. Season with seasonings, as desired.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish
- Spread 2/3 cup pizza sauce on bottom of dish
- Place frozen ravioli on bottom of dish in a single layer
- Mix ricotta cheese and egg in a separate bowl. Add in 1/2 cup cheese, stir
- Spread 1/2 cheese mixture on top of ravioli
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of hamburger
- Pour 1 jar pizza sauce
- Layer 1/2 the bag of pepperoni
- Repeat layers, starting with the ravioli
- After finishing with the last jar of pizza sauce, sprinkle rest of cheese on top of casserole and cover with foil
- Bake at 400* for 40 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned and sauce is bubbly
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.
Need Some Supper Recipes? Try these: