Why you should eat this Pizza Bake:
- Kid friendly
- It has pizza in the title
- It freezes well
- Easy-peasy 1,2,3
Have I convinced you yet? This is a go-to meal in every sense of the word. The other night when my children were saying the customary phrase that occurs EVERY evening an hour before supper:
“Mom, what’s for supper?!?”
I was able to reply Pizza Bake. Were they sad, upset or was I given “the look”? No. There was joy and happiness.
This meal is so nice because the ingredients vary depending on the mood I’m in. On this particular night, our pizza bake had hamburger and pepperoni in it. However, I have made a vegetarian pizza bake before with mushrooms, onions and green peppers. You could make a Hawaiian version with ham and pineapple. Or a meat lover’s with sausage, pepperoni and Canadian bacon. Totally adaptable based on your tastes and who you are feeding. You could also use gluten free noodles or leave out the cheese to adjust according to sensitivities or allergies.
This meal freezes so well. Make it as usual, let it cool then wrap it in plastic wrap and foil. To reheat, remove plastic wrap and put it in a 350* oven for 45 minutes or until heated through. Easy, easy. I would also say this meal is slow cooker friendly. I would cook the noodles, then place all ingredients in the slow cooker to heat through.
Try it. Make a double batch. Freeze it. Eat is again. Your family will thank you. :-)
Kid Friendly Pizza Bake
- 1 lb noodles (any shape)
- 1 1/2 jars pizza sauce
- 1/2-3/4 lbs fried hamburger
- 1/2 pkg pepperoni
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (or a combination mozzarella/cheddar)
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Drain water and place noodles in lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix 1 and 1/2 jars of pizza sauce in with the noodles.
- Add toppings and mix.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a 350* for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- *We like a little extra sauce in our pizza bake because it makes it not dry out. You may find 1 jar works well for you.
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.