A fun addition to your Valentine's Day menu, this Little Debbie Valentines Day Dip made from Little Debbie snack cake hearts is only a handful of ingredients. Creamy and delicious, this dip recipe is so fun for parties!
It doesn't get more festive than this Little Debbie Valentine's Day Dip! Those Little Debbie snack cakes, the valentine's day hearts, are creamy and so good just as a cake. Then add them to a dip?? Yes, please, I'll take some.
- Little Debbie Snack Cakes
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Sprinkles (optional)
Only five ingredients make up this valentine's day dip recipe. The snack cakes really are the bulk of the recipe and adds the sweet to the dip without adding anymore sweet. Well, except the Cool Whip, but the whipped cream adds the fluffy texture to the dip, not so much the sweetness.
Why you will love this recipe
- The recipe is simple and only has 5 ingredients
- The colors are pink and red, perfect for Valentine's Day.
- This dip can be made ahead of time or last minute, depending on your needs.
- Kids love this dip and it would be fun to take to a kid's Valentine's Day party.
How to make the Little Debbie Valentines Day Dip
First, the cream cheese should be set out on the counter for about 20 minutes before you start making this dip. This will help the cream cheese to soften so the mixing will be easier.
You will need to take the Valentine heart snack cakes and break them into smaller pieces. It isn't necessary, but it does make mixing easier as well. I just break them into halves or thirds.
The milk and vanilla is added next, then, after mixing, you will fold the whipped cream in with the dip mixture. Be sure to use a spatula or spoon and fold the whipped cream in.
What does fold mean when mixing?
To fold ingredients together, you gently take the bottom of the mixture and bring it up to the top, using a folding motion. Think taking a towel and folding it.
In other words, you don't want to stir as the mixture may fall apart or an ingredient may break down. Folding is a gentler way to mix ingredients together.
Don't use any other whipped cream other than name brand, aka, Cool Whip. It won't hold up as well.
Only use Philadelphia cream cheese as well for that extra zing in flavor.
Add the sprinkles right before you are going to serve the dip.
This dip cannot be left out on the counter for a long period of time. After serving, put leftovers in an airtight container and place in the fridge. To serve, you can always place the bowl of dip in a separate container of ice to keep cool if it will be out for an extended period of time.
Pin for later!
This dip will be a Valentine's day favorite! Serve it with apples, graham crackers or animal crackers and watch your family and guests sing its praises.
Little Debbie Valentines Day Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 oz whipped cream Cool Whip
- 10 valentine's day heart snack cakes Little Debbie
- 3 tablespoons milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red and pink sprinkles
- Set cream cheese out for 20 minutes to soften before you start recipe.
- Take snack cakes and break them in half or thirds and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese to snack cakes and mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Blend in milk and vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Sprinkle on the sprinkles if you are going to serve immediately.
- Optional: you can let the dip chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Then sprinkle on the sprinkles.
- Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers or apples.