Do you know those Little Debbie Zebra Cakes? Aren't they so good? Now imagine them in a dip recipe. Zebra Cake Dip can be served with crackers or cookies. (Even apples or strawberries!) Easy ingredients you can whip together in no time for an appetizer recipe your family will love.
I share a lot of dip recipes on here, but I have to say, this Zebra Cake Dip may be my new favorite. With every bite, you can taste the cream filled cakes. With every bite, you can taste the frosting.
Now add cream cheese and whipped cream to that. Oh yes. What you have is a dip perfect for cookies, crackers or even apples.
- Little Debbie Zebra Cakes
- cream cheese
- whipped cream (I used Cool Whip)
Simple and easy ingredients that come together so easily.
Tips and hints
Cream cheese can be costly. Especially when you need four blocks of cream cheese for recipes like turtle cheesecake.
However, take my advice: don't buy the generic cream cheese. You really only want the Philadelphia cream cheese brand. It has a tang to it that adds the zip to cream cheese recipes.
Don't get me wrong, if you have a soup recipe that calls for cream cheese, you can get by with a generic brand. For dips where you need the cream cheese to shine and blend well with the other ingredients, only get Philly.
You can use regular milk (2% or 1%). I prefer to use almond milk. Water can be used, as only about 3 tablespoons are added to this recipe, but I do prefer a milk product over the water.
It makes the recipe creamier.
When you stir in the whipped cream, you will want to mix it in batches, NOT all at once. It will be hard to incorporate if you mix it in a large batch.
To store this dip, place in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Pin for later!
Zebra Cake Dip
- Electric Hand Mixer
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 10 zebra cakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 T milk or almond milk
- 6 oz whipped cream I used Cool Whip
- Cut the zebra cakes into fourths and place them in a medium bowl
- Add softened cream cheese to the bowl
- Blend the cream cheese and zebra cakes together with an electric hand mixer
- Add the vanilla and milk and blend
- When well blended, slowly fold in the whipped cream
- When whipped cream is well incorporated, place in a refrigerator to chill, at least one hour
- Serve with animal crackers, graham crackers or apples
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment!