Gooey Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars were made because I wanted a dessert. That is all. Chocolate, cheesecake, I’m telling you… they are fantastic!
Gooey chocolate chip cheesecake bars are, quite frankly, just as they sound. Loaded with chocolate and cream cheese, they are soft and flavorful. What else do you need in a cookie??
I have a classic chocolate chip recipe I use often and is a favorite around our house. Whenever we need a little something sweet for movie night or a quick dessert, I whip out my chocolate chip cookie recipe. My husband every time, e-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e says: ohh, save the bowl.
He has no fear of raw eggs.
I, on the other hand, am allergic to raw eggs (as well as other things) so my days of eating raw cookie dough were over years ago. I am not encouraging you to eat it either. I’m just telling you my husband has no fear of it. Please don’t send me threatening emails. ;-)
I like coming up with different ideas for the cookie dough, such as adding M&M’s or making a pizza cookie with it. This time I thought a cream cheese layer would be delightful.
Because, cream cheese is always delightful.
This is said a lot here, but since I do feature simple recipes, I must say: This recipe is not hard. Don’t let the name fool you. There are not a lot of ingredients. The ingredients come together easily (and deliciously, I might add).
If you want to, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips. I would think white chocolate chips would work great too.
Simple recipe for a simple yet delicious dessert.
Want more recipes? Follow me on Pinterest!
Gooey Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup unbleached flour (or you can use bleached)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Mix margarine, sugars and egg together until well blended
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt, stirring until mixed
- Fold in chocolate chips. Set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, egg and sugar using a hand mixer
- Spread 2/3 of the chocolate chip cookie batter on bottom of greased 9x13 cake pan
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of cookie batter
- Using your hands, drop remaining cookie batter over top of cream cheese mixture. (Batter will not cover all of pan)
- Bake in a preheated 365* oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown and toothpick tests clean
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.
Want other cheesecake recipes?