Apple Cranberry Lettuce Salad with layers of lettuce, cashews and cheese is a great salad addition to your evening meal. Maybe, it could even be your meal!
*This post contains affiliate links. You can read our disclosure here.
Apple Cranberry Lettuce Salad is a delicious salad with many, many layers of goodness in every bite.
No, really, not just sayin’ it.
I love a good salad. The thing is, for years, I couldn’t really make one because I was the only one to eat it. My children weren’t really old enough to enjoy a salad and my husband… well… you know the drill. Meatatarian all the way.
Now the kiddos are getting older, they enjoy eating salad. And I am happy to comply.
How to make the apple cranberry lettuce salad
The green leaf lettuce, cashews, dried cranberries and apples are the base layer of this delicious and easy salad.
Simply wash and dry the lettuce. Place in a large bowl and add the cashews, dried cranberries and apples. Then, I added cut Swiss Cheese to the top of the salad and it was perfect!
To make the Poppy Seed Dressing, simply mix oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, poppy seeds and salt to a blender, then pour on the salad when ready to serve.
Most of my family likes to add their own dressing so they get the perfect amount for them. Some like a little, some like a lot.
Salad Making Tips:
- The apples will turn brown. If this salad isn’t going to be eaten right away, then I would sprinkle this Fruit Fresh on top of the apples. It helps the apples from turning brown. I ALWAYS have some at my house because I also use it to can fruit like peaches.
- The salad can be made ahead of time, however I would make sure to NOT add the dressing until just before serving. Be sure to wrap the salad well with plastic wrap.
Apple Cranberry Lettuce Salad
- Place lettuce in a large bowl
- Add cashews, cranberries, apple and Swiss Cheese on top of lettuce
- Set aside
- Mix together oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, poppy seeds and salt in a blender
- Toss salad and pour dressing over salad when ready to serve
Meals to serve with this salad: