Apple cake with caramel drizzle is a one bowl wonder. Delicious and EASY this fall apple recipe would be great to take to a cookout. Enjoy those fall flavors!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read our disclosure here.
Apples and fall just go together. To be truthful, I prefer an apple dessert over a pumpkin dessert any day. Though this pumpkin ice cream roll was delightful to say the least.
Apple cake with caramel drizzle is a one bowl deliciousness that is easy to make, has simple ingredients and can be made in a hurry. It also gets eaten in a hurry, but that is to be expected.
How To Make Apple cake with caramel drizzle
First, of course, you start with apples. You don’t have to peel them, but I like to and quite honestly, they have a much easier texture for chewing after you bake it.
Set the apples aside after you peel them. You can always sprinkle a bit of Fruit Fresh on the apples to keep them from turning brown.
Next cream the butter and sugar together then add the eggs and vanilla. I personally don’t ever measure vanilla. It is a dump and go method over here. However, never fear, I included the amount of vanilla needed for you in the recipe card below. 😉
Now mix all the dry ingredients together and fold in the apples. Spread in a 9×13 cake pan and bake.
The caramel drizzle is simply Kraft caramels melted down to make a drizzle. I also added a little bit of almond milk in the pan with the caramels to keep the caramels from sticking and to make the drizzle more drizzly. Sure that is a word. 😉
For your benefit, here are a list of products I used:
Apple Cake With Caramel Drizzle
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 10 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk or almond milk
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a medium bowl
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla
- Mix in the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda
- Stir well then fold in the apples
- Place dough mixture in a greased 9x13 cake pan and bake at 350* for 40 minutes or until cake test done with a toothpick
- After the apple cake is done baking, set on cooling rack to cool. Meanwhile, melt unwrapped caramels and milk together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly
- Drizzle over cooled cake and serve
Pin for later: