Soft Cookies and Cream Cookies with a simple white frosting and OREO cookies sprinkled on top and throughout. This cookie recipe is a dream to work with and so simple. Delicious too!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I needed to take a snack into a bunch of teens at youth group. Of course, I was told that morning so I had little time to prepare.
However, being the mom that I am, I rose to the occasion. I even let the kids test a new recipe for me: Soft Cookies and Cream Cookies.
The hubby wasn’t happy he didn’t get one as the teens ate them all. I’ll have to make it again.
What are Soft cookies and cream cookies?
Soft Cookies and Cream Cookies are the white velvet cookies with OREO cookies mixed in and sprinkled on top. These cookies are incredibly soft and full of flavor.
The cookies have cream cheese in the dough so the dough is soft and seriously a dream to work with. The frosting has only a few ingredients in it and of course, the OREO cookies are always a favorite.
What do I need to make these cookies?
The ingredients are few. Make sure you have cream cheese, butter, flour, sugar. You also use eggs yolks so you can save the egg whites for an omelet or to use in another recipe.
To stir the mixture up, I use a hand mixer and recommend using one. Feel free to use old fashioned elbow grease but honestly, I think the mixer does a fine job.
A food processor is also handy to have as it crushes the OREO crumbs into fine pieces. Again, using a plastic bag and a rolling pin works great as well. I just like my food processor and I use it a LOT!
The Cookies and Cream Recipe
To make this easy cookies and cream cookie recipe, simply add the butter, cream cheese together and blend well. Then blend in the sugar. Add the egg yolks and vanilla. Blend.
Stir in the flour, about 1 cup at a time until well blended. The dough will be soft and so easy to work with.
Stir in the OREO crumbs and then turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll it out about 1/2 inch thick. (You can certainly roll out thinner or thicker, depending on preference. Be sure to adjust cooking times to compensate for that.
Bake. Pull out from oven and let cool completely. Frost and sprinkle with OREO crumbs.
Soft Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups OREO cookie crumbs
- 3 T butter melted, for frosting
- 2 T milk or water
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix together butter and cream cheese
- Add sugar and mix well
- Stir in egg yolks and vanilla
- Stir in flour one cup at a time
- Stir in 3/4 cup OREO crumbs
- Turn out on a flour surface and roll to 1/2 inch thickness**See Note Above In Post**
- Cut out using a circle cookie cutter. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are firm
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Mix together melted butter, water and powdered sugar in a small bowl
- Dip cookies into the frosting and coat the top of the cookie with frosting
- Sprinkle OREO crumbs on top of cookie
- Let frosting set for 15 minutes then serve or place in air tight container
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.