Easy Gooey Strawberry Cookies made from a cake mix. Delicious strawberry flavor, a cookie softened by cream cheese this cookie is a must have for your cookie tray. These only have 5 ingredients!
The gooey strawberry cookies are about as easy to make as they come. Only a handful of ingredients and full of flavor.
These delicious cookies start with a cake mix. I'm sure you have heard of cake mix cookies in the past, like with these Gooey Butter Cookies.
Same idea, strawberry cake mix.
- strawberry cake mix
- cream cheese
- powder sugar
5 ingredients, mixed together and baked in the oven.
The process is an easy one. The key is to make sure your cream cheese is softened so it will incorporate well into the dry cake mix.
If you don't, it will be clumpy.
To soften the cream cheese, place it on the counter for 20 minutes before you bake. Make sure you don't place it in direct sunlight while it softening.
The final step to these cookies is to roll them in powdered sugar. Honestly, you can skip this step. But, why would you want to? It's more sugar, you know.
It adds a little sweetness to the cookie and after the sugar bakes on the cookies, almost like a crust on the cookie. It is so, so good.
These cookies will bake in a 375* oven for 7-9 minutes. The cookies will need to be flattened about halfway through cooking. They will flatten a little on their own, but you will need to encourage the process.
Use a spatula to help them along the way at about 5 minutes.
Christmas tray cookies
Need some Christmas tray cookie ideas? Try:
Gooey Strawberry Cookies
- 15.25 oz strawberry cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix cream cheese and butter with a mixer on low speed until mixed well.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend.
- Add strawberry cake mix and stir by hand. Batter will be thick.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll each ball into the powdered sugar to coat the outside.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes @ 375*.
- Please note Halfway in the cooking time, you will want to take a spatula and finish pressing the cookies down, flattening them.