Strawberry Lettuce Salad with Honey Dressing is a great addition to your evening meal. Simple recipe with sweet strawberries and delicious apples.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our disclosure policy.
I have finally achieved victory. Three of my four children will eat a salad. The hubby will sometimes too. Exciting stuff, huh? I enjoy making salads and it is nice that I have other family members to share it with. This Strawberry Lettuce Salad with Honey Dressing is just one of many that I get to make now.
The dressing is sweet with the tang of apple cider vinegar. So delicious.
What is the difference between red leaf lettuce and green leaf lettuce?
For this salad, you can use any type of lettuce you want. For this strawberry salad recipe, I used green leaf. It has a milder flavor than red leaf which tends to be a bit bitter.
The red leaf lettuce seems to spoil quicker than the green leaf lettuce as well.
Can I use spinach in this salad?
Yes you can! Strawberries and spinach pair wonderfully together. If you want a combination of green leafy vegetables, that would work too. Spinach is loaded with iron and vitamin C so it is a great addition to your meal. We enjoy spinach at our house like in this Bacon Spinach Quiche.
How do I put this strawberry salad together?
It is so simple. Simply take the lettuce and cut or tear into bite sized pieces. Then slice your washed strawberries and apples.
Layer whichever lettuce you choose in a bowl and top with the strawberries, apples and almonds. You could also add blueberries or dried cranberries to it as well. It all would work wonderfully.
To make the dressing, it is preferred if you have a blender or magic bullet. You can take the dressing, put it in small canning jar or container and shake it. It does work, but I do prefer to blend my dressings.
The dressing can be added per persons taste or on the salad right before serving. Most dressings are best added right before serving.
Honey Apple Spinach Salad
- 5 cups green leaf lettuce can also use spinach or red leaf
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 apple medium, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries stems removed and sliced
- 3 T honey
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 T vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, layer lettuce, strawberries, apples* and almonds. Set aside
- Combine honey, sugar, apple cider vinegar and oil in a blender or Magic Bullet. You can also use a container. Blend or shake until well mixed
- Pour over salad right before serving
- *Note: If you don't want your apples to turn brown, you can sprinkle fruit fresh or lemon juice on the slices before placing them on the salad
This post was updated on 1/28/20