A simple supper recipe your family will enjoy! Easy Mexican Hamburger and Rice is simple, flavorful and full of spices. This recipe only has five ingredients!
Need a quick supper your family is sure to love? Try this recipe, Easy Mexican Hamburger and Rice. It only has 5 ingredients (if you don't count the cheese garnish!) and can easily be prepared while balancing on the go life. This recipe can be served over tortilla chips or on a flour tortilla and is filling and delicious!
Do you ever prepare hamburger for busy nights by cooking it right away after you buy it? Sometimes I will do that.
I find it cuts down so much time if you buy hamburger, cook it while you are putting the rest of the groceries away then pop it into the freezer.
Now, for recipes like this one, the biggest time consumer (cooking the hamburger) is done. You just need to put together the rest of the meal.
Never fear though, if you don't have hamburger already cooked in the freezer, this meal still comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- White Rice (or you can use brown rice)
- Taco Seasoning
- Tomato Sauce
- Yellow and Orange Peppers
- Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
Like ground beef recipes? Try: Stuffed Cheesy Meatloaf
Place the hamburger in a frying pan. You will want to use a large pan. Cook the hamburger until no longer pink. Drain the grease. You will want to add the taco seasoning and a little bit of water. Then add tomato sauce and cook on low, stirring occasionally.
In the meantime, cook the rice according to package directions. After the rice is done cooking, stir it in the hamburger mixture. .
Cook on the stove top for another 3-5 minutes then serve. The easy Mexican hamburger and rice can be garnished with cheese or sour cream. You could also add tomatoes or green onions.
Serve over tortilla chips or as a burrito. You can also put this in a casserole dish and melt a little cheese on top at 350* for 15 minutes.
This recipe keeps well in the refrigerator. Store it covered in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat to serve again.
Easy Mexican Hamburger And Rice
- 2 cups white rice you can use brown rice, if desired
- 1 ½ lb hamburger cooked until no longer pink
- 6 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ cup orange and yellow peppers chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese optional
- ½ cup sour cream optional
- Cook hamburger until no longer pink. Drain any grease and return to pan
- Add taco seasoning, ½ cup water and mix well. Add chopped peppers and cook on medium/low for 5 minutes
- Add in tomato sauce and stir
- simmer on medium/low for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions
- Drain water and add rice to hamburger mixture. Stir well and cook for another 3-5 minutes
- Serve over tortilla chips or as a burrito in a flour tortilla. Garnish if desired
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment!