Easy to make Christmas candy recipe. Crunchy Crockpot Candy is only a handful of ingredients. Simple and it cooks in the crockpot!
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our disclosure here.
Oh, the simplicity of an easy recipe. We got to love simple during the Christmas season, don’t we? This crunchy crockpot candy cooks up in the crockpot in only an hour or so.
No stress and only a handful of ingredients.
In fact, you can put this on your Christmas cookie tray and no one would be the wiser on how easy it is. Have an upcoming cookie exchange? I would daresay it would be a hit.
The combination of chocolate, the salt of the pretzels and the sweet of the dried cranberries is just what hits the spot.
What is in Crunchy Crockpot Candy?
It starts with almond bark squares. You know, the ones that make an appearance every Christmas season. There is chocolate or vanilla almond bark, but I used vanilla almond bark for this one. You can buy almond bark at most grocery stores or at Aldi for typically less than $2.00.
I also added crushed pretzels, M&M’s and dried cranberries. You could also add some Rice Krispies if you really wanted it to snap, crackle and ___ (you can fill in the blank). ;-)
How long does the Crunchy Crockpot Candy cook in the Crockpot?
It only takes about an hour on low. It does melt quite fast. It does vary by crockpots, of course. I like using a small crockpot for this recipe. A crockpot this size is ideal.
After the chocolate has melted, then be sure to stir a few times to keep the chocolate from sticking.
Can I add more or less ingredients as I wish?
Yes! Add as much or less as you want. It is so adaptable to your family’s liking. If you don’t like dried cranberries, add more pretzels. If you want more chocolate, add more M&M’s. It is so easy!
- You may want to lightly spray the crockpot to keep the Christmas candy from sticking to the sides.
- Don’t add the M&M’s until you are ready to scoop out the candy. If you add them while cooking, the M&M’s will get too soft. It is best to wait until last step.
Crunchy Crockpot Candy
- small crockpot
- 1 inch scoop
- 8 squares almond bark
- 1/2 cup pretzels lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup M&M's
- Add almond bark, pretzels and dried cranberries in a small crockpot lightly greased with cooking spray
- Cook on low for 1 hour or until almond bark is melted. Stirring once or twice
- Add in M&M's and stir. You can also just add the M&Ms to the top of the candy once you scoop it out on wax paper
- Scoop out candy using a 1 inch scoop onto waxed paper
- Let cool completely