Chicken Noodle Casserole is a 6 ingredient meal (if you count the cheese!) that is great for those extremely busy days. Need a freezer meal? This casserole freezes great!
Cheese. Chicken. Noodles. Easy to make. Yes, please. This was always my oldest son's FAVORITE meal. When he was about 3 or 4, he would stand in the kitchen and cheer when he found out we were having chicken noodle casserole.
He thought I was such a great mom.
Reality? Well, of course I made it because he liked it. I also made it because it is frugal, stretches well and E.A.S.Y to make. It is great to whip up on those days you say:
"I was going to have this complicated dish, but I think I will just hurry and make chicken noodle casserole."
It is filling, it is meaty (meatetarian's request) and it can be cheesy. (May I also add, that the last batch I made, I added bacon to it. Yes, I know. Delicious!!) It has it all. It is also made with ingredients you are likely have on hand. We like to serve this dish with cornbread and green beans. It just seems to be our standard sides with it. I have also made biscuits to go with it as well and that is good too.
Chicken noodle casserole is also a dish I take to those who are in need of a meal. When someone has a baby or is sick, this dish whips up easily last minute to run it over to someone. It also freezes well. Gotta give it a try. It won't disappoint!
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked
- 1 lb elbow macaroni or penne, rigatoni
- 32 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 T butter
- 1 1/2 cup cheese
- Boil noodles according to package directions
- Put noodles in a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish
- Add soup, milk, butter and chopped up chicken. Stir
- Bake at 375* for 25 minutes or until bubbly
- Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top
- Put back in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted