Chewy and soft, these White Chocolate Valentine Cookies are the perfect treat for your kids or class parties! Made with White Chocolate Strawberry Shake M&M's, these cookies have a hint of strawberry and a lot of delicious.
Valentine's Day has plenty of sweet treats in it. Chocolates and candy tops the list. Well, this White Chocolate Valentine Cookies will be a must make in your home. These soft and chewy cookies have a hint of strawberry in them along with the white chocolate flavor. Such a winning combination!
When kids have Valentine's Day parties at school, sometimes cookies are on the sign up list. Cookies like Gooey Strawberry Cookies or White Chocolate Valentine Cookies are the perfect addition to your class party list.
- all purpose flour - I use unbleached, either work
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- butter - or margarine
- baking soda
- white chocolate strawberry shake M&M's
- white chocolate chips
What makes these cookies so soft
These cookies have a lot of butter and sugar in them. Those two ingredients team up to make a soft and chewy cookie. Also, it's all in the baking. To keep the cookies soft, be sure to not over bake the cookies.
Bake the cookies in a 365 degree F oven for 8-12 minutes until they are just set. That makes all the difference.
Mixing the ingredients
Mix the butter, sugars and egg in a large mixing bowl first, then mix in the flour, baking soda and salt.
Adding the chocolate chips and M&M's
The white chocolate chips need to be folded in the batter after all the ingredients have been mixed together. No need to over mix, just make sure the chocolate chips are evenly spread throughout the batter.
The M&M's have two options. If desired, you can mix the M&M's into the batter alongside the chocolate chips. The result will still be tasty, however the M&M's won't stand out and have that pop of M&M color on top of the cookie.
Another option, after the cookies have baked for 8 minutes, pull the cookies out of the oven and carefully place the M&M's on top of the cookies. Then finish baking the cookies. The M&M's will have a chance to be featured on top of the cookie and not be lost in the batter.
I strongly feel 375 degrees is too hot and 350 degrees is too cool. I find that 365 degrees makes the perfect soft and chewy cookie.
Yes you can!
No, you don't. In fact, greasing the cookie sheet will result in cookies that are spread out and not hold their shape well.
These Valentine cookies are soft and the perfect addition to your family dessert table or class party. The Strawberry Shake M&M's add such a fun and unique flavor to these delicious cookies.
White Chocolate Valentine Cookies
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour I use unbleached
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Strawberry Shake M&M's
- Preheat oven to 365℉.
- Mix softened margarine, sugars and egg together in a large bowl using a spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- For the M&M's either: Fold in M&M's after the white chocolate chips. OR: Add the M&M's after baking the cookies for 8 minutes. Place the M&M's on the cookies and finish baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are just firm.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.