Sweet Beef Onion Sliders is made in your crock pot with the finishing touches in the oven. Delicious sandwiches you could serve at a party or for your family anytime. Secret ingredient makes this recipe a snap!
I had this idea for a while. Sweet Beef Onion Sliders with onion, stew meat, on sweet bread had been cooking up in my mind for a little bit of time, just needed to get the ingredients for it.
I thrive on making easy recipes to feed my family and I hope these recipes are helpful for you as well.
Is this recipe:
:: Easy to make?
:: Liked by my family?
:: Have easy, simple ingredients mostly found in your fridge or pantry?
:: Can be made in crock pot or on the stove in 30 minutes or less?
Sometimes the answer to those questions isn’t always yes, but if it meets a couple of those qualifications then I am going to pass it on to you!
This Sweet Beef Onion Sliders recipe passes the family test. It even passed the nephew came over for a surprise visit test. He is in a 12 week training program so we don’t get to see him that much. I happened to have these sweet beef onion sliders in the oven when he came by so talk about a good taste tester. 😉
In case you are wondering about why there is a panda in the picture, you can check it out on my Instagram page. There’s a fun video too. 🙂
Sweet Beef Onion Sliders
To make this recipe, simply put stew meat in the crock pot on high for 4-5 hours. Add a beefy onion soup packet (1/2 packet for a little milder flavor) to the meat while it is cooking.
When done, use Hawaiian bread, layer meat on top, sprinkle cheese. Replace top of cut rolls on cheese and spread with melted butter and poppy seeds. For the secret touch? Drizzle about 1/4-1/3 cup of beef broth on top of rolls. Adds a depth of flavor and while the sliders are in the oven, it cooks into the bread. Delicious!
Sweet Beef Onion Sliders
- 1-2 lb package beef stew meat
- 1/2-1 package beef onion soup mix (dry)
- 1 package Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- butter and poppy seeds
- Cook beef stew meat in crock pot with 1/2-1 package of onion soup mix on high for 4-5 hours.
- When cooked through, chop the meat into bite sized pieces
- Slice rolls in half, horizontally
- Spread meat on bottom layer of rolls, then layer the cheese on top
- Replace top of rolls on cheese
- Spread on melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds
- Drizzle top of sliders with beef broth
- Bake in 350* oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese in melted and everything is heated through