Bacon Spinach Quiche with a delicious layer of fresh spinach, crispy bacon and cheddar cheese. Great for breakfast or brunch!
Who needs a good egg casserole to take to a brunch or a family gathering? I sure did. So, thought I would come up with my own.
Bacon Spinach Quiche has layers of eggs, hashbrowns, bacon and spinach to satisfy any breakfast hunger. It's easy to make too.
I have a variety of breakfast items on Baking With Mom such as Cheesy Sausage Hashbrown Casserole or Cheesy Potato Egg Muffins that are delicious. So I thought why not add another this time with fresh spinach and bacon.
What is a quiche anyway?
A quiche is a custard made with milk and eggs. It is typically made in a pie crust. I however, for this bacon spinach quiche I used hashbrowns as a base. You can certainly use a pie crust if you want to, however, I feel for this particular breakfast recipe, the hashbrowns add a nice flavor to the quiche.
How do I make this quiche?
It is an incredibly simple recipe to make and it is great for on the go. First, layer the hashbrowns in the bottom of the pie pan. You will then bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
While the hashbrowns are cooking, you can also cook the bacon in the oven at the same time. One of my favorite kitchen hacks is cooking bacon in the oven. So less mess, less stress. Gotta love it. You can read more about it here.
After the bacon and hashbrowns have cooked, then layer on the fresh spinach leaves and crispy bacon. Pour over top the egg and milk mixture.
Can I use heavy cream, almond milk or regular milk?
The answer is yes to all of them. Whichever milk you prefer will work in this recipe. I personally used almond milk this time but if I had heavy cream I might have used that as well.
After pouring the milk/egg mixture on top, I add 3 slices of sliced cheese. You can also use 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top. Then you will bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the eggs are set.
This recipe will be a favorite at any gathering or great for family breakfasts.
Bacon Spinach Quiche
- 2½ cups shredded hashbrowns a layer on the bottom and up the sides of pan
- 2 T butter melted
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup spinach fresh
- 3 slices cheddar cheese or 1 cup shredded
- Grease bottom and up the sides of 9 inch pie pan
- Spread hashbrowns on the bottom and up the sides
- Bake in a 350* oven for 15 minutes
- Cook strips of bacon in oven for 15 minutes or until crispy
- Mix together eggs and milk with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper, set aside
- After hashbrowns have been removed from the oven, layer spinach and bacon. Pour egg mixture over top and place the cheese on top of egg mixture
- Bake in a 350* oven for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set and knife inserted comes out clean
- Let set up and cool for 5-10 minutes
- Cut and serve