Apple anything is my favorite. Aside from cookies, apple desserts are, in my humble opinion, the best desserts. Apple pie, apple crisp, apple muffins, I like it all. This Spiced Caramel Apple Crisp came to me when I found apples on sale for less than $.70 a pound. I don’t know about you, but that has not happened in our area in a LONG time. I bought a bunch for lunches and just to enjoy. However, I couldn’t resist making something with these delicious apples.
I make a dessert when all you put in it is the fruit and a cake mix. (Please, please forgive the picture on the easy cherry dessert. I am getting better at photography and will change it soon!) How easy peasy is that? Well, I spied a spiced cake mix in the store and knew, KNEW I wanted to use that cake mix with the apples. Cinnamon, sugar, spice all adds up to deliciousness in a 9×13. Add the caramel topping? You have delightfulness in a 9×13.
It doesn’t take long to make and everyone raved about it. It would make a wonderful Thanksgiving day dessert. Bring this Spiced Caramel Apple Crisp to your family gathering. It will be enjoyed by all.
- 1 spiced cake mix
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
For The Apples
- 4 medium apples (peel removed, cut and sliced into cubes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 T flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 Kraft Caramel Squares
- Mix the chopped apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix and melted butter.
- Spread apples on the bottom of a greased 8x8 square pan.
- Sprinkle cake mixture on top of apples evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in a 350* oven until topping is firm and lightly golden.
- After crisp has cooled, melt caramels according to package directions. Drizzle melted caramel over the crisp.
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.