Apple anything is my favorite. Aside from cookies, apple desserts are, in my humble opinion, the best desserts. Apple pie, apple crisp, apple muffins, I like it all. This Spiced Caramel Apple Crisp came to me when I found apples on sale for less than $.70 a pound. I don't know about you, but that has not happened in our area in a LONG time. I bought a bunch for lunches and just to enjoy. However, I couldn't resist making something with these delicious apples.
I make a dessert when all you put in it is the fruit and a cake mix. (Please, please forgive the picture on the easy cherry dessert. I am getting better at photography and will change it soon!) How easy peasy is that? Well, I spied a spiced cake mix in the store and knew, KNEW I wanted to use that cake mix with the apples. Cinnamon, sugar, spice all adds up to deliciousness in a 9x13. Add the caramel topping? You have delightfulness in a 9x13.
It doesn't take long to make and everyone raved about it. It would make a wonderful Thanksgiving day dessert. Bring this Spiced Caramel Apple Crisp to your family gathering. It will be enjoyed by all.
Spiced Caramel Apple Crisp
- 1 spiced cake mix
- ½ Cup melted butter
For The Apples
- 4 medium apples (peel removed, cut and sliced into cubes)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 T flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 Kraft Caramel Squares
- Mix the chopped apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix and melted butter.
- Spread apples on the bottom of a greased 8x8 square pan.
- Sprinkle cake mixture on top of apples evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in a 350* oven until topping is firm and lightly golden.
- After crisp has cooled, melt caramels according to package directions. Drizzle melted caramel over the crisp.