This soft and flavorful bread will be the highlight of your fall with chocolate chips and rich pumpkin flavor. This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe makes two loaves so you always will have plenty. The bread can be frozen or eaten right away!
It doesn't say fall much more than this classic Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. Rich pumpkin flavor throughout this bread coupled with the sweet chocolate chips, makes this pumpkin bread recipe a favorite.
This bread can be frozen or eaten on throughout the week. Each batch makes two loaves of bread so double this recipe for four loaves! Do you prefer muffins? These chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are great too!
- flour - all purpose
- sugar - white granulated sugar
- baking soda
- oil - vegetable oil
- pumpkin - pureed pumpkin
- vanilla pudding - optional, however it really adds to the softness of the bread. I do recommend it.
- chocolate chips - regular or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
In case anyone is wondering, my husband loves to joke around. He crossed off the 100% and put 98% and I didn't realize I grabbed that can until after the picture was taken. Haha.
Using applesauce in place of oil
In some recipes, applesauce can be used in place of oil to help make the recipe a little better for you.
Applesauce always sounds like a great idea, but it can make the bread a little dense and heavy. If you want to use applesauce, you can, but I would recommend using ¼ cup applesauce and the rest oil.
Making the chocolate chip pumpkin bread
This is a one bowl recipe and a dump and stir recipe. I just love the ease of those types of recipes.
First, the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda will be added to a large bowl. So basically, every dry ingredient except for the the pudding.
Waiting to add the pudding with the wet ingredients will help "activate" it.
Next, all the wet ingredients go into the bowl, including the pudding mix. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Put all the batter into two greased loaf pans.
This pumpkin bread recipe takes a while to bake to make sure the inside is completely done. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until it tests done by a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If you want to use a different type of pudding other than vanilla, chocolate is a fun twist. Note that the color of the bread will be darker.
- If you don't use pudding mix at all, you may want to add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in the batter.
- Mini chocolate chips are the best for the top of the pumpkin bread.
- Canola oil or vegetable oil can be used.
Yes, this bread is so flavorful and just says fall. Easy to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread will be the talk of your home. Every one will love it!
Other pumpkin recipes:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cup flour all purpose
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cup oil vegetable or canola
- 5 eggs
- 15 oz pumpkin 1 can
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding not made into pudding, just the mix
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease two 9 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in the oil, eggs, pumpkin and pudding mix until blended. Don't over blend.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick or a knife. The top of the bread will be mostly firm.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then carefully remove from loaf pans sliding a knife along the sides to loosen the edges from the pan. Place loaves on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.