Delicious bread made in minutes. Have it in the oven for a quick snack or breakfast.
It was a spur of the moment stop at the grocery store. I had just taken Cora to our church to practice the piano for a Christmas Day duet. The piece is a little more complicated than what Cora is used to so they are getting the practicing in early. Afterwards, I thought I would run to the grocery store and pick up a few things, which included the ingredients for this pull apart cream cheese bread. I also found more hamburger on clearance. Total score.
I don't know about where you are, but in our neck of the woods, it is getting a little cooler. The stifling humid air has gone and we are all breathing fresh, cool air. While the thought of cold winter air scares me, I am looking forward to fall. I love all things fall and of course all the baking that comes with fall.
Does anyone else love turning on the oven after a summer hiatus? Of course, I baked occasionally, but not like the fall and winter months. This bread is a great get your feet wet, er, get your spoon dirty recipe to kick off the baking season. Pull apart cream cheese bread is easy, delicious and only a few ingredients. It's made with store bought biscuits like my cobblestone muffins.
Making pull apart cream cheese bread
While at your trip to the store, buy the jumbo biscuits. You will only need one can. Pull each biscuit apart (or cut in half--I found it easier to just pull them apart) and dip in a cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Spread on side of each biscuit with cream cheese mixture (see below for recipe) and place the biscuits in a greased loaf pan. Easy peasy.
Pull Apart Cream Cheese Bread
- 1 can jumbo biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 T milk or almond milk
- Cut each biscuit in half (or pull apart)
- Mix together cinnamon/sugar
- Dip each half in cinnamon sugar mixture
- Set aside
- Using a hand mixture, mix together cream cheese,egg,sugar and vanilla
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on one side of each biscuit and place each biscuit on its side in a greased loaf pan
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until done in a 375* oven
- Mix together powdered sugar and milk. Add more powdered sugar for a thicker frosting, if preferred. Drizzle over warm bread. Serve