This Blueberry Streusel Bread is delicious treat which is great for breakfasts, lunches or anytime!
Last week, I wrote a post on a new recipe challenge. I enjoy trying new recipes and making new foods, but sometimes we get into a food rut. I want accountability to try new foods, whether they are made for a family dinner or a side dish or a dessert.
Or in this case, a bread. A really, really, yummy bread.
I have many bread recipes and muffin recipes, but this one was different. This was a very thick, very flavorful bread. The Blueberry Streusel Bread was eaten quickly with many requests for breakfast. It would be great for breakfast or in school lunches with or without jelly or peanut butter on it.
How To Make Blueberry Streusel Bread
First, you mix together the wet ingredients. Then you add the dry ingredients. As many of you know, I like simple recipes without a lot of bowls. You don't need to use a separate bowl to mix the dry ingredients first. Simply add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well.
Saves dishes that way. ;-)
Next, fold in the blueberries and place mixture in a greased loaf pan.
Next, mix together the streusel ingredients. Then sprinkle on top of the dough in the loaf pan.
Can I add more streusel to the top of the bread?
Um, Yeah! The more streusel, the better, right? My children would certainly think so. The streusel is made up of cinnamon, butter, brown sugar and flour. You could use oatmeal instead of flour if you choose. I personally like the flour in this streusel recipe.
Bake, remove from pan and enjoy! I recommend turning the bread out of the pan about 10 minutes after removing from the oven. Use a knife to loosen the bread from the sides.
Easy bread, enjoyed by the family!
Blueberry Streusel Bread
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk I use almond milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour I use unbleached
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries or frozen
For the Streusel Topping
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 T butter (softened)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix the egg and sugar together.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread in two greased loaf pans. Set aside.
For The Topping
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle over the blueberry batter.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
*This post and pictures was updated on 4/15/19.