These Marshmallow Oreo Brownies are a perfect dessert for the chocolate fans in your home. Gooey, chocolatey and moist, these brownies will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Gooey and soft, these marshmallow OREO Brownies are packed full of flavor and are easy to make. They even start with a boxed brownie mix. There is no shame, I promise.
Don't you feel marshmallow and chocolate just go together? Are you one of those that love the chocolate marshmallow bunnies at Easter or the stuffed chocolate and marshmallow Santa Clause? I am.
Of course the combination of hot chocolate and marshmallow are quite good as well.
It all starts with a boxed brownie mix. If you would prefer to make your own homemade brownies you can. I went the box mix because it is quicker and easier, to be honest. (Like brownies? These Cookie Dough Brownies start with a boxed brownie mix!)
After you make the brownie mix according to package directions, you put half into the greased 9x13 baking dish. Then place the OREOS on the batter in the pan. You can do this one of two ways. It works to use the whole OREOS in this recipe, but if you want to break them up into bite sized pieces, that works as well.
I personally broke them into halves and quarters.
Next, take the marshmallow cream and spread it over top. Let's be real here, marshmallow cream isn't going to spread overly well. However, spread it the best you can and don't worry if it is a little clumpy. It will work.
Bake these brownies at 350* for 20-25 minutes. You will know they are done when the toothpick (or knife) you insert in the center comes out clean or mostly clean.
It is not recommended to use regular marshmallows as marshmallows tend to disappear while cooking. Using the marshmallow cream will keep the marshmallow flavor there.
I would store this in an airtight container on the counter.
Yes! In fact, chocolate chip cookies, grasshopper cookies or peanut butter chips would be great in this.
Marshmallow Oreo Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix (see note below)
- 3 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup marshmallow cream
- 14 Oreo cookies (broken into halves and fourths)
- Make brownie mix according to package directions (see note below)
- Pour ½ batter into greased 9x13 pan
- Add Oreos, placing them over brownie batter evenly
- Spoon marshmallow cream over batter, spreading as evenly as possible (it will not spread super easily, don't worry about it. It doesn't have to be spread over all the brownie batter)
- Spread remaining batter over top
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or until brownies tests done
- The ingredients for the brownie mix is based on a Betty Crocker boxed mix. If you use a different brownie mix, these ingredients may vary slightly. Use the instructions on the back of the box you use.