Coffee shop quality with the ease of making it at home. Iced Caramel Latte is really very simple to make at home at a fraction of the cost. It also only has few ingredients... try this today!
An ice cold drink perfect for summer or winter, this Iced Caramel Latte has that coffee flavor you love with a mix of caramel. Let's not forget the whipped cream on top. The whipped cream adds an extra layer of depth and flavor that puts this iced coffee drink on a new level. It is made from the comfort of your home too!
- coffee - I'm using cold brew
- whipping cream - heavy whipping cream
- milk - whole, 1 or 2 % or almond milk will work
- caramel - any brand will work
I like using cold brew coffee concentrate for this as it only takes just a little to get the taste one desires.
Adding the coffee
The best part of a recipe like this is it can be adapted to your specifications any way you would like. If you like stronger coffee, add a bit more coffee. If cream is more your thing, add more cream. A little chocolate drizzle could be added with the caramel if desired.
Why the whipping cream
The whipping cream added to the milk adds such a thicker and fuller milk/cream flavor to this iced coffee latte. It cooks on the stove for a bit to get that "frothy" look and to help incorporate the caramel.
To make the milk turn "frothy", cook on medium heat and be sure to keep an eye on it. The milk will need to be stirred almost constantly. It will start to get bubbly. That is what you want. The caramel will be added then and just stirred in for a few minutes.
Whipping cream or Cool Whip
Either whipping cream or Cool Whip can be added to the Iced Caramel Latte but I recommend whipping up some heavy whipping cream and placing it on top of the iced coffee.
The Cool Whip will certainly work, but the whipping cream has a fuller flavor. Don't forget to drizzle caramel on top!
Yes you can! Substitute almond milk for the regular milk. In fact, if you use the almond milk with vanilla in it, it will add another layer of flavor to your iced caramel latte.
Yes! Just use coffee from your coffee pot and don't put the ice in.
Pin for later!
Enjoy this easy to make Iced Caramel Latte. Take this drink with you while on the go or enjoy it with a good book. Such a simple and flavorful drink recipe!
Iced Caramel Latte
- 1 ½ tablespoons cold brew coffee concentrate
- ½ cup milk whole, 1 or 2%
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon caramel topping
- ice cubes
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon caramel topping
- In a small saucepan, place milk and heavy whipping cream and warm on medium. Keep an eye on it, as you don't want it to burn. Stir often.
- After a few minutes, milk will start to froth. Bubbles will start to form. (See post above for more details.)
- Add caramel topping and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, take 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and using hand held mixer, whip until thickened. Disregard if using Cool Whip. Set aside.
- In a glass or mug, add ice cubes until the cup is halfway filled. Pour in coffee concentrate.
- Pour milk mixture over top and stir.
- Place whipped cream on top of the coffee and drizzle caramel on top.
- Before you add the whipped topping to the glass, taste and see if that is enough coffee flavor for you. If not, add a bit more.
- Cool Whip can be used in place of the whipped topping on top of the latte. Cool Whip CANNOT be in place of the heavy whipping cream mixed in the milk.