Enjoy a smoothie but you are dairy free? This Dairy Free Berry Smoothie has all the taste and flavor of your favorite smoothie but none of the dairy. Easy to make and made with frozen or fresh fruit so this drink can be made year around!
Since going dairy free, one of the things I missed the most was a smoothie. Yogurt is a favorite and the blend of flavors in a smoothie cannot be matched. Experimenting with different ingredients to come up with the best combination was fun, though could be quite disappointing with the wrong combinations!
Dairy Free Berry Smoothie is made with lime dairy free yogurt, frozen fruit and a fun twist, Body Armor Lite! Orange Vanilla Frosty is for the dairy fans in your home. This smoothie is for you.
- Body armor - I used the peach mango Body Armor lyte.
- Lime dairy free yogurt - So Delicious coconut dairy free yogurt is the way to go.
- Vanilla almond milk - any brand will do.
- Frozen mixed berries - I used Walmart store brand. The mix had strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- Honey (optional) - local honey is best (we have our own bees) but any honey will work.
There are a lot of thoughts on yogurt choices and I got to say, I tried a few. It is up to personal taste but the worst one for a smoothie (in my opinion) was the dairy free Greek yogurt.
The smoothie ended up in the garbage. Maybe that is your favorite, and I'm saying go for it. The sugar content is much less than normal yogurt but the flavor and texture was chalky and just plain bad. Even in a smoothie.
Any flavor of yogurt will do. I preferred the Key Lime flavor. So Delicious dairy free also has raspberry and vanilla yogurt.
Magic Bullet verses blender
Either a Magic Bullet or a blender works to make a smoothie. The blender makes a much bigger batch while the Magic Bullet is usually a single serve or two smaller serving sizes.
The Magic Bullet was used for this recipe and I love it. It blends things well and is so easy to store and use.
How to make Dairy Free Berry Smoothie
The process of making this berry smoothie is just simple layering.
I added the yogurt, milk, fruit and peach mango juice in that order in the Magic Bullet cup. Then blended.
The cup may need to be shaken up after a couple of pulses of the bullet. That will help mix the ingredients to ensure all ingredients get blended.
A little this, a little that
There are exact measurements in the recipe card, but the beauty of a smoothie is to taste and see if you need a little more of this or that.
You may find that you want more fruit, so add more fruit. It may need a splash of honey. Add a splash of honey. This recipe is completely adaptable for your tastes, the measurements are just a guideline!
Pin for later!
Sure! Just use regular yogurt and milk.
Yes! Use whatever berries you like!
Yes you can. I recommend that you put a few ice cubes in the smoothie while blended to get that thicker icy texture if you use fresh berries.
Making this Dairy free berry smoothie is so easy, you make make it everyday for lunch. Great for the summer months or anytime, this dairy free option will make it so you don't have to miss out on your favorite smoothie.
Dairy Free Berry Smoothie
- ½ cup mixed berries frozen
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons Mango Peach Body Armor Lyte
- 5.3 oz coconut dairy free key lime yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- Add all ingredients to the cup of the Magic Bullet or blender.
- Pulse the ingredients 3 times then remove cup and shake or stir to mix ingredients if need. (Sometimes the ingredients get a little "stuck").
- Pulse again until ingredients are blended.
- The nutrition facts above does not include the Body Armor.
- You can use orange juice in place of the Body Armor.
- Use the tool above double or triple this recipe for multiple servings.