I have a weakness. Yes, I have admitted before it is cookies. I have another weakness. That would be snack mix, trail mix and especially a bar that combines all three. These Gooey Peanut Butter Bars does just that.
I made these knowing the children would enjoy them. However, I was the one who couldn't stay out the the crazy things! They are crunchy, peanuty, and chocolatey all in one. They are also frugal, which is great thing when you are feeding a hungry
I suppose you could add more chocolate than I did, but I fear that would make them too sweet. The bars themselves are sweet so a thick layer of chocolate on top would be the overkill icing on the Peanut Butter Bars. (Maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing.) ;-)
By the way do you follow me on Pinterest? You can do so here and see my Cookies and Brownie Board.
Gooey Peanut Butter Bars
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Cheerios
For The Frosting
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips or chocolate/peanut butter chips
- Heat sugar and syrup together in medium pot until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir in Cheerios until well coated.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan and press down with a greased spatula until flat.
For The Frosting
- Melt chips on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread on bars.
- Let cool.
I'm so excited to have published my first ebook, Supercharged: Plugging Into Ministry And Encouraging Others To Do The Same. Want to read more about it? You can click here to find out more about this "Comfort Zone Stretch" for me! :-)