A cheesecake that is simply delicious, this chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake is loaded with flavor. So simple to make and will be a "Wow" at any gathering.
Baked goodness in a graham cracker crust, that is what this cheesecake is. So simple, it is only a few ingredients. But this chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake is more than just an ordinary cheesecake.
It is an extraordinary one because of the cookie dough inside.
Yes, it does have cookie dough inside of it. So good.
You all are wondering about the cookie dough, aren't you? Well, the cookie dough is an eggless dough so it is safe to eat and doesn't have to be cooked all the way through.
Of course, we added chocolate chips to the dough to make it chocolatey.
Ingredients and tools
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
- graham cracker crumbs
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- springform pan
Graham Cracker Crust
The graham cracker crust makes or breaks the cheesecake, to be honest. The crust needs to hold together and keep its shape and not fall apart after cutting.
For this recipe, you can use graham crackers crumbs, chocolate chip cookie crumbs (from cookies like Chips Ahoy) or even an OREO crumb base would be good.
The recipe and instructions are for a graham cracker crust is here.
Your first step would be to make the graham cracker crust, as mentioned above. Then you will mix the cheese cake ingredients with a hand or stand mixer and put in a springform pan.
Then set aside.
Next, mix together the ingredients for the cookie dough. The cookie dough will be raw as you place it in the cheesecake batter.
Make sure you push the cookie dough down enough so it isn't visible. In other words, make sure the cheesecake batter is covering the cookie dough completely.
Then you will bake the cheesecake.
It needs to be almost completely set in the middle. So firm, yet jiggly.
Oh, the popular question! Make sure the temperature is correct, use a water bath underneath the cheesecake and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for about 20 minutes before removing it from the oven.
Place a pan of water on the rack under the cheesecake while the cheesecake is baking. The steam should help prevent the cheesecake from splitting.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
For The Crust
- 16 graham crackers
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup margarine or butter
For The Cheesecake
- 32 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
For The Cookie Dough
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Crush graham cracker crumbs in a food processor or by hand. Mix in sugar and melted butter
- Place crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan. Set aside
- Mix cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl on medium speed until smooth
- Add in sour cream and vanilla until blended
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing each one just until blended
- Pour cheesecake mixture into pan
For The Cookie Dough
- In a separate bowl, mix together softened butter, white and brown sugar. Then add in vanilla and flour. Stir well. Then fold in the chocolate chips
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoon full into the cheesecake batter. Make sure to completely cover the cookie dough with the batter
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until it tests down. Cheesecake is firm to the touch yet still slightly jiggly
- Let cool in oven, with oven off and door slightly propped open for 20 minutes
- Let cool completely on counter top for 1 hour, then move to fridge. Let chill for at least 8 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 350°