Layered OREO Bars will be the dessert that makes everyone stop and say “Yum”. Everyone will wonder how you made it. It’s up to you if you tell them how easy it is.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Our youngest, Caleb, was sick on Sunday. Being sick is bad enough, but when sickness falls on church day, it is disappointing to us all. Especially the mom who gets to stay home with him while my hubby takes the other three.
We absolutely love our church and the people in it. That day was the last day of our missions conference which meant there was a potluck afterwards.
I had made BBQ pork sandwiches for my husband to take with him to the potluck. We were so busy the day before I didn’t get anything else made. I had an idea for Layered OREO Bars I wanted to try, but since I didn’t have time on Saturday I thought I would make them on Sunday.
Of course, since I made them on Sunday while the rest of the family was at church, they couldn’t take them to the potluck. Unfortunately, that meant we had to eat the Layered OREO Bars all by ourselves.
The things I do for this blog. ;-)
Layered OREO Bars
The base is simply OREO cookies and melted butter. I crush the OREO cookies in my food processor. The rolling pin on a gallon sized baggie works great too, but truth be told, the food processor is quicker. You can also toss the butter in there with the crumbs and it does a great job mixing them together.
After making delicious OREO crumbs (feel free to eat a spoonful if no one is looking), spread them in a greased 9×13 baking pan. Then bake.
The filling is 8 oz of softened cream cheese mixed with whipped cream. The next layer is chocolate pudding mixed with vanilla pudding. Oh yes it is. Want some added goodness? I added some whipped cream to the pudding. *Gasp*!
Talk about eating the leftovers by the spoonfuls. Okay, so there shouldn’t have been any leftovers if I would have scraped the bowl thoroughly. I didn’t, and that was a shame. A real shame. ;-)
Feel free to sprinkle some OREO crumbs on the top of the pudding and make sure you refrigerate the leftovers.
Layered OREO Bars
- 24 OREO Cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened
- 2 cups whipped cream (divided)
- 1 pkg (3 oz) chocolate pudding
- 1 pkg (3 oz) vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- OREO Crumbs (optional)
- Crush one package OREOS into crumbs and reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- Mix crumbs with butter
- Spread on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan
- Bake at 350* for 7 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese and 1 cup whipped cream
- Spread on cooled OREO crumbs
- Place in fridge while you make pudding layer
- Mix together pudding and milk for two minutes
- Let sit until "soft set"
- Fold in 1 cup whipped cream
- Spread carefully on top of cream cheese layer
- Sprinkle remaining OREO crumbs on top
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate all leftovers