Layered Oreo Bars have cream cheese, Cool Whip, pudding and delicious Oreo cookies. The simplicity of this dessert while have you making it often and the delicious taste will have your guests asking for seconds.
Oh, one has to appreciate the simplicity of an easy dessert. And these bars fit that requirement of an easy dessert. Layered Oreo Bars has layers of Oreo cookies, cream cheese (a cheesecake like layer) and pudding.
These bars are so rich and flavorful. The chocolate pudding and cream cheese pair so well together and of course, the crunch of the Oreo cookie makes the combination unstoppable!
- cream cheese - Philadelphia Cream Cheese works best. It has a "zing" to the flavor
- Oreos - regular or double stuffed. You could even use Gluten Free!
- butter or margarine - this is for the Oreo crust
- chocolate pudding - instant
- vanilla pudding - instant
- whipped cream - I used Cool Whip as I feel it holds its shape better than a store brand
- milk - regular milk or almond milk can be used
- Mixing bowl - you will need a small mixing bowl and a large mixing bowl.
- Hand mixer - a hand mixer is preferred. A stand mixer works as well or just using a spoon.
- Food processor - this is how I turn the Oreo cookies into crumbs. A storage bag and rolling pin works too, but I do like the food processor!
- 9x13 baking pan - this pan will need to be lightly greased.
How to make layered Oreo bars
The base is simply OREO cookies and melted butter.
As mentioned above, a food processor is a great way to make the Oreo cookies into crumbs, but it is not necessary and a rolling pin and bag works well too.
After making delicious OREO crumbs (feel free to eat a spoonful if no one is looking), spread them in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
The Oreo base will bake in a 350 degree oven for only about 7-9 minutes. The crumbs and butter needs a chance to hold onto each other. "Glue" together I suppose.
The filling is 8 oz of softened cream cheese mixed with whipped cream. The next layer is chocolate pudding mixed with vanilla pudding. Added to that is the whipped cream.
While the Oreo crust is baking, mix together the cream cheese and whipped cream.
It is easiest to use a hand mixer for this layer but stirring with a spoon will work too if the cream cheese is softened well, about 30 minutes sitting on a counter.
This is also a good time to mix together the puddings and whipped cream in a separate bowl.
Spreading it out
After the Oreo crust comes out of the oven, you will want to let it cool on the counter for at least 5 minutes. Then you can spread on the cream cheese mixture.
Then, spread on the pudding mixture and sprinkle some crushed Oreos on top.
The Oreo dessert needs to be kept in the refrigerator or kept cool when not serving. The chill will help keep the pudding set up plus the cream cheese needs to kept cool. Put the leftovers in the refrigerator, wrapped for up to 5 days.
I feel only the pudding mix can be exchanged for store brand. The rest of the ingredients need to be name brand so the dish holds together better and have a better flavor.
No, but for best results yes.
I have spread the cream cheese mixture on after the Oreo crust has been sitting for 5 minutes or so. Don't spread the mixture right after removing from oven.
Yes! We like the combination of the two puddings but if you prefer one over the other, go ahead!
This Oreo dessert is a delicious and easy recipe to make. The layers of cream cheese and pudding compliment each other well and this recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
Like Oreo Recipes? Try:
Pin for later!
Layered OREO Bars
- 1 lb Oreo cookies This is family sized Oreo package
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups whipped cream (divided)
- 3 oz chocolate pudding instant dry mix
- 3 oz vanilla pudding instant dry mix
- 3 cups milk or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Crush one package OREOS into crumbs using food processor or rolling pin and reserve ½ cup for topping.
- Mix crumbs with melted butter.
- Spread on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350* for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, blend together softened cream cheese and 1 cup whipped cream using a hand mixer for best results. A spoon can be used as well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture carefully on cooled OREO crumb base.
- Place in fridge while you make pudding layer.
- Whisk together chocolate and vanilla instant pudding mixes and milk for two minutes using a whisk.
- Let sit until "soft set".
- Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- Spread carefully on top of cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle remaining Oreo crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate all leftovers.