Chicken Tortellini soup is a slow cooker friendly meal you family will enjoy. Flavorful with celery, carrots and Italian spices, this soup will become a cool weather favorite.
There is a definite chill in the air outside (and inside!) so when I look at this picture of Chicken Tortellini Soup one thing comes to mind: I’m going to have to make it again. I am so cold sitting here and I can just taste the yummy-ness and warmth. (Can you taste warmth? Sure, why not.)
This recipe is rather frugal, so simple and so tasty. It only requires a few ingredients. Pair this soup with oatmeal bread or a french bread, cheese slices and a fruit salad and you have a warm, delicious meal.
Oh, I know you are thinking it: Yes, more soup.
So grateful for soup. I am even more grateful for the tortellini I found at Aldi’s for just over a $1 a bag.
I admit, I was skeptical. So was my husband when he saw it. Our normal bag of tortellini typically costs around $3 to buy. What is the review? DELICIOUS! I can’t believe I found a cheaper alternative. More tortellini with our spaghetti! ;-)
Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 bag tortellini
- 2 cooked and diced chicken breasts
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Add 6 cups broth, 2 cups water, chicken, carrots to a crockpot.
- Add the celery. (The celery can be in small chunks or in large chunks depending if your family isn't celery fans. (Um, us?) However, be sure to add celery, it adds SO much flavor!)
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until carrots are tender.
- About 1 hour before serving, add tortellini to crockpot.