Do you like tacos at your house? We do here! This Cheesy Taco Hashbrown Casserole is a delicious flavorful casserole full of your favorite taco flavors.
We enjoy all things tacos over here. Any reason to eat meat seasoned with taco seasoning and add cheese and spicy tomatoes, I'm on it. This Cheesy Taco Hashbrown Casserole is all that and more.
It has hashbrowns.
How yum is that?!? Now some people spell hashbrowns like hash browns as two words. I only use one. Please forgive me if that is not how you spell them. Maybe it is an Illinois thing.
- black beans drained
- diced tomatoes with chili's drained
- tomato sauce
- taco seasoning
- cheddar cheese divided, can also use taco cheese
It actually can be pretty versatile based on what your family likes. I put in black beans, spicy tomatoes, taco seasoned ground beef and some tomato sauce.
You could certainly add in green onions or green peppers. Chopped onions would be good. Also, corn would be a great addition as well.
This recipe is for hashbrown casserole with taco meat. Of course, if you don't like the spicy of taco seasoning, you could keep the hamburger plain.
Does this casserole take a while to cook?
Yes, it does. I would recommend cooking it for 45 minutes or so. If you don't mind a firmer hashbrown, then you can shorten the cook time. We like the hashbrown potatoes nice and soft.
First, I put the drained black beans and drained spicy tomatoes in a bowl. I then added the tomato sauce and mixed in about ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
I then set the bowl aside.
Next, cook the hamburger in a large frying pan. While the hamburger is cooking, put the shredded hashbrowns in a greased baking dish.
After the hamburger is cooked through, mix the bean mixture and the hamburger mixture in the hashbrowns.
Cover with foil and place in a preheated 375* oven. Bake for about 45 minutes. After the 45 minutes is done, I took the foil off and added more cheese.
Because, hey, we all need more cheese right? Then let the taco casserole bake for about 7 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Pin for later!
Cheesy Taco Hashbrown Casserole
- 15 oz black beans drained
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with chili's drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 30 oz hashbrowns
- 2 cups cheddar cheese divided, can also use taco cheese
- Mix together the beans, tomatoes, ½ cup cheese and tomato sauce in a small bowl, set aside
- Cook up hamburger in large skillet until no longer pink. Drain any grease
- Add in taco seasoning and stir
- Place hashbrowns on the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish
- Pour bean mixture and hamburger over top of hashbrowns and stir. Cover with foil and bake at 375* for 45 minutes. Remove foil and add 1 ½ cups of cheese on top. Bake for another 7 minutes or until cheesy is melted and bubbly
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving