Apple season is here! This Apple Cinnamon Bread With Crumb Topping is soft, full of flavor and delicious for breakfast, snack or to pack in a lunch box.
It is entirely possible the fall recipes will be overabundant here on Baking With Mom. I am a huge fan of fall and fall flavors so this time of year, the oven gets fired up and my house smells like cinnamon.
A lot of cinnamon.
I love all the soft apples baked in a pie or bread, the smell of cinnamon and the pumpkin and leaf decorations. The oven is on and we start to think about starting a fire in the fireplace. Of course, we sit by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa or apple cider. Or a latte. A delicious latte. The air is chilly and everyone enjoys the thought of cooler weather.
Of course, we all push from our mind the upcoming freezing temperatures, 3 feet of snow and 4 layers of winter clothing. Let’s just focus on the slight chill in the air, shall we?
My husband and I were scrambling today to get all of the outdoor projects done. We have grass seed that needs to start growing before all of the leaves start falling. When I say leaves, I mean leaves. There isn’t just a tree or two in our yard, oh no.
Fall pictures in the leaves last year. If you can’t beat em, use them as picture props! 😉
We don’t really want to be raking all of the leaves off of newly planted grass, so we are kind of in rush mode. As the afternoon wound down and all of the projects got completed, I knew I wanted to bake something with the apples my sister gave me. I don’t want them to go to waste as they are great baking apples.
I also thought I could put more bread in the freezer for the kids’ lunches. It makes mornings so much less stressful when we have a food already made, prepared and ready to throw into a lunch bag. So obviously, apple bread was the recipe of the day.
Apple Cinnamon Bread with Crumb Topping is an easy bread to make with very little prep work. It is a moist bread and you can add as much (or as little) apples and cinnamon as you would like. Of course, I believe we all know my appreciation for cinnamon. 🙂
As usual, I didn’t measure the amount of cinnamon I added to the recipe, but I will do my best to estimate it for you. As I say, why measure cinnamon. Can you really add too much? I think not.
Apple Cinnamon Bread With Crumb Topping
- 2/3 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 c flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup apple , peeled and chopped
For The Crumb Topping
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl
- Add eggs and mix well
- Stir in vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture a little at a time, alternating with the milk, stirring after each addition
- Fold in apples
- Pour the batter into 2 greased loaf pans
For The Crumb Topping
- Mix oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon together
- Cut in butter until mixture is like crumbs (I use my hands to mix the butter in)
- Sprinkle topping on top of bread batter
- Bake at 350* for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans