Fruit Sugar Cookie Cups are the perfect blend of sweet and cookie. A sugar cookie base and cream cheese filled, this dessert won’t be passed up by your guests.
*This post contains affiliate links. You can see our disclosure here.
The perfect blend of fruit and cookie. Fruit Sugar Cookie Cups is basically a fruit pizza but in individual portions.
That is easy enough, wouldn’t you agree?
Strawberries are coming into season here. In fact, my patch outside is about ready to start turning. We had the first strawberry of the year ripen a few days ago and as usual, I had to divide the strawberry up so every child gets a taste. It’s worth it though because I love seeing the kids excited about fruit. I see a strawberry pie in our future! (Strawberry soup as well!)
Even though I didn’t use our own fruit from our garden, this recipe was delicious with store bought strawberries and raspberries. The sugar cookie dough is a simple recipe and the cream cheese mixture is, well, fantastic of course. Cream cheese and powdered sugar: how could it not be fabulous?
These fruit sugar cookie cups didn’t make it very long at our house. In fact, Ryan got home from working all day at Grandma’s and was not happy to discover there was none left. The way we saw it, he ate out twice at Grandma’s and Grandpa’s. He got corn fritters and everything. He didn’t need any more fruit sugar cookie cups. 😉
This dessert would be great for upcoming family gatherings, picnics and BBQ’s. Easy to make and looks so appealing. The fresh fruit is always a crowd favorite.
When I made these, I found that using a muffin tin for the sugar cookie base worked great. I simply pressed the dough into the bottom of a slightly greased muffin tin.
I then used a small scoop for the cream cheese mixture. That worked perfectly. After scooping the perfect amount, it was easy to spread the mixture around.
I then added the chopped up fruit on top of the cream cheese mixture. Then we ate them. And ate them. And ate them. 🙂
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 c flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 (8 oz) box cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Raspberries and strawberries, washed and chopped
- Mix butter, egg, sugar and vanilla
- Add in the flour and baking powder, a little at a time, stirring well
- Divide sugar cookie dough up and place in lightly greased muffin cups, spreading dough up the sides of the cups (I used my fingers)
- Bake for 7 minutes or until done (firm) at 350*
- Remove from oven and mix:
- Cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer
- Add milk and blend until mixed well. If desired, you can add more powdered sugar or milk, depending on how thick you want the filling
- Add to sugar cookie cups
- Top with berries
- Refrigerate until ready to serve