These Oven Roasted Green Beans will make you rethink the way you ever make green beans again! So simple and only four ingredients, this vegetable recipe is a snap to make and so incredibly good. Enjoy the blend of flavors in this simple side dish recipe.
Side dish recipes can be tricky. I always feel I put all my effort into the main dish and even a dessert but the side dish recipes fall flat. Vegetable recipes like these oven roasted green beans, however, are a game changer.
This green bean recipe is only four ingredients and only take about 10 minutes to make. It can even be a last minute thought to add to your supper.
- frozen green beans
- extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- black pepper
The green beans are simply a package of green beans from the frozen section at the store. The beans don't need to have anything done to them ahead of time, like thaw. They can go on the pan frozen.
If you don't have olive oil, regular vegetable oil can be used but olive oil is better for you and is preferred.
- baking sheet
- mixing bowl
- large spoon
Mixing up the green beans
Place the frozen green beans in a large bowl then drizzle the olive oil, salt and pepper on the green beans and mix well.
How to cook frozen green beans in the oven
The process of cooking this oven green bean recipe is so simple.
While your oven is preheating, place the baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven, then place the green bean mixture on the baking sheet.
How long to roast green beans in the oven
Bake in a 425 degree oven for 8-9 minutes or until green beans are soft and cooked.
Remove from oven and serve.
Reasons you will like this recipe
- This recipe only has four ingredients.
- It vegetable recipe is family friendly.
- It is quick to make
- Frozen green beans are inexpensive to buy, making this recipe very cost effective.
No! Canned green beans would not work for this vegetable recipe.
Yes, it will. Thawed green beans won't be as crunchy as frozen green beans would be. It will still work though.
Pin for later!
Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 12 oz frozen green beans
- 2 teaspoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 teaspoon course salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- While oven is preheating, place baking pan in oven to heat the pan up for 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the frozen green beans.
- Drizzle on the olive oil.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Mix the green bean mixture well.
- Spread green bean mixture on the warm baking sheet using a spoon or spatula.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until green beans are soft and warm.
- Remove from oven and serve.