One Dish Beef and Noodles, resembling what your mom used to make. Minus the mashed potatoes. Of course, who says you can't add any?? :-)
I am on an extreme one dish meal kick. I do hope you don't tire of them. My apologies if you do. As a mom of four, I stay so busy. My crock pot is very dear to me, however, sometimes in the morning I can't find the time to put everything in the crock pot before I head out the door.
Some mornings are just like that, you know?
These 30 minute (or less) meals are perfect some days. Those "I don't have time for a crock pot" days. Those days you really don't feel like dirtying up loads and loads of dishes because you just washed loads and loads of dishes. You know, those days.
One dish beef and noodles does take a crock pot. Yes, I know, I know, what was all that crock pot talk for? Well, the beef and noodles only needs a crock pot for the steak. As you walk out the door in the morning, throw the steak into the crock pot and it can cook while you are gone. Easy peasy. Open crock pot lid, place steak inside, replace crock pot lid. Of course, turn on the crock pot. ;-)
Are you following me on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook yet? I would love to connect with you there!
When you return home, the steak is cooked and you can whip together the one dish beef and noodles. You can also cook the steak ahead of time. When I get home from the store, I will cook up hamburger, steak, chicken (whatever meat I have immediately) label it and put it into the freezer. Then, come meal time, you have the meat already cooked. Easy peasy again.
One Dish Beef And Noodles
Do you remember the beef and noodles your mom or Grandma used to make? In my case, it was my mother in law. She makes great beef and noodles and serves them over mashed potatoes. Totally and completely delicious!
It has taken me years, but I have managed to make some great beef and noodles for my husband. The only problem is they take a while to cook. I rarely have a while to spend on supper.
Everything cooks in one pan. If you want to cook the steaks in the pan and not in the crock pot, you can certainly do that as well. Simply brown the steaks then add the other ingredients.
You can serve this recipe over mashed potatoes; it would be delicious. It would take more than one dish. The time to cook would be over 30 minutes too. Well, unless you make instant mashed potatoes. Shhh... I won't tell Grandma.
One Dish Beef And Noodles
- 29 oz beef broth 2 cans
- 1 lb eye of round steak (or any type of steak you prefer), already cooked and chopped
- ¾ lbs egg noodles
- 1 cup carrots , chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place cut cooked steak into frying pan with two cans beef broth.
- Add carrots and tomatoes to the pan.
- Season with garlic powder and pepper.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add egg noodles--if egg noodles aren't slightly covered by beef broth, add water until noodles are just slightly covered.
- Bring back to boil, stirring occasionally over medium heat.
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until noodles are soft and the liquid has been absorbed by the noodles.
- Put it into a crock pot and cook it on high for 4 hours or until meat is no longer pink. OR
- Cut the steak into bite sized pieces and cook it on the stove top with 1 tablespoon of butter. When steak is cook through, follow directions as listed above.