One Pan Taco Goulash is an easy to make meal. Hamburger, tomatoes, cheese and taco seasoning comes together to provide a twist to a classic favorite. Serve it along side a lettuce salad and you have a delicious meal made under 30 minutes!
Goulash is a comfort food, like beef stew, would you say? So many ingredients that blend well together and form a simple supper for the family. One Pan Taco Goulash is full of flavor and could not be any more simple.
As most of you know, I enjoy all things taco, like this taco salad. The possibilities are endless when creating a new taco dish. When the recipe is a one pan meal as well, pure bonus points.
- ground beef
- egg noodles
- tomato sauce
- taco seasoning
- tomatoes with chili's
- beef broth
The egg noodles are the best fit for this recipe as they are thin and cook quickly. If you aren't a fan of egg noodles, I would recommend elbow macaroni, but you will need to add a little more liquid, about ¾ cup.
The taco seasoning can be any brand, whichever is your favorite.
Diced tomatoes can be petite cut or regular and it can be with or without chili's. With chili's will add much more flavor, however.
3 qt saute pan is perfect for this dish. It is deep enough and big enough to hold all the ingredients.
This easy taco recipe only needs one pan so the clean up is simple and fast!
Why you will love this taco goulash
- Simple supper recipe
- Kid friendly
- Tastes like tacos
- Adaptable to your family's tastes
- Only one pan
First, you will start by browning the ground beef until it is no longer pink.
Then, you will add the beef broth, tomatoes, taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
After the beef broth is brought to a boil, the noodles will be added.
- Stir the noodles occasionally after being added to the beef broth. The noodles will absorb the liquid and you don't want the noodles to stick.
- Turn the heat down to medium while the noodles are cooking. The mixture will be simmering.
- Don't add the cheese until the last step, with the heat off.
After the cheese is added, stir until the cheese is incorporated. Then the taco goulash will be ready to serve.
Store the goulash in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Yes you can. A Mexican cheese blend would be great.
Yes, it can, but beef broth is the best option.
Yes! That would be delicious!
Green onions on top of this would be delicious when served.
Black beans would be great to mix in while it is cooking. So would corn.
Pin for later!
One Pan Taco Goulash
- 1 ½ lb hamburger
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with chili's drained
- 1 ½ tablespoon taco seasoning
- 3 cups egg noodles uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Cook hamburger in a large pan until no longer pink, drain.
- Add tomato sauce, broth, tomatoes, taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- When the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat to medium and add egg noodles.
- Cook for 7 minutes or until noodles are soft, stirring occasionally.
- When noodles are soft, remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese.