What says bonfires and fall like S'mores? What if you could have the flavor of fall anytime of the year? Introducing S'mores Bars, a dessert with all the S'mores favorites, chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker.
The gooey chocolate and marshmallow of a S'more is just about the best dessert recipe ever. Who knew that a simple combinations of chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker would turn into such a fall favorite?
This S'mores Bars recipe is only 5 ingredients and is similar to a crispy rice treat. However, these bars use Kit Kat Cereal.
The Kit Kat cereal is a chocolate flavored cereal which pairs nicely with marshmallows. And the M&M's? Well, those are S'mores M&M's. Delicious!
- Marshmallows - mini or large marshmallows
- Kit Kat Cereal
- Butter - I typically use margarine. Either works.
- S'mores M&M - in the fall section at grocery stores
- Graham Crackers - store brand or name brand
How to make s'mores bars
The process is very simple to make these no bake S'mores bars. The marshmallows will be melted on the stove top, but no oven is required!
Melt the marshmallows and butter together in a medium saucepan. The marshmallows will burn so you need to stay close by and stir the mixture while it cooks over low heat.
Next, add in the Kit Kat cereal (be sure to remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat). The cereal needs to be coated well with the marshmallows.
Be sure to grease the pan before you put the S'mores Bars in the pan. Otherwise, it won't come out that well. The mixture will stick to the pan and end up a sticky mess.
Adding the M&M's
The M&M's are added last. Once the S'mores Bars are in the pan, then drop the S'mores M&M's on top.
Setting up and storage
The bars need to set up. If cut too early, the bars will still be good, but they would fall apart. Be sure to give the bars at least 30 minutes to set up completely. Depending on temperature of the room, it may take longer.
To store these bars, place them in an air tight container on the counter. No need to refrigerate. The bars can also be store directly in the pan they were made in. Be sure to cover the bars with plastic wrap for storage.
- Use a measuring cup to measure how much cereal you will need. If you try to eye it, too much or too little could be used. The ratio of cereal to marshmallow may not be right.
- If you can't find S'mores M&M's, regular M&M's can be used.
- Large or mini marshmallows can be used.
S'mores bars are easy to make and so great for a quick fall dessert. Take these bars to your next tailgating party or bonfire!
- 6 cups Kit Kat Cereal
- ½ cup graham crackers broken into small pieces
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 10 oz marshmallows mini or regular
- ½ cup S'mores M&M's
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- When butter is melted, stir in marshmallows. Stir often, not allowing the marshmallows to burn while melting.
- When melted completely, remove from heat and stir in the cereal and graham crackers.
- Coat 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread S'more mixture in pan and press M&M's on top of the mixture.
- Let set up for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve. Store in an airtight container or cover the pan with plastic wrap.