Mini Loaves Lemon Bread made in mini loaves pans is perfect snack for those preteens and teenagers in your house. Fill their stomachs with home baked goodness!
What is it about summertime that makes us think of lemon? Lemon flavored goodies abound in our kitchen with a stack of lemons piled high in a wire bowl on our islands. We also start thinking about cleaning our house with all things lemon (smells great, you know!).
Must be the in season lemons. Yes, I was ready to make something lemon-y and made these Mini Loaves Lemon Bread. I also made Easy Strawberry Lemonade, but that was a different post. 😉
My teenager, Ryan, said something to me the other day. I must admit, it made this Mama’s heart skip a beat. He said, Mom, I love it when you make muffins and breads. They are so good.
Yup, it stole my heart. I also got baking.
I find it so helpful to have home baked goods around the house for my ever growing, ever hungry teenager to snack on during the day. They usually don’t last long, with four kids, but with some baking helpers, I can usually whip up more fairly quickly.
Mini Loaves Lemon Bread Tips And Add-Ins
This bread recipe has a light lemon flavor. It isn’t a heavy bread. You could also add a frosting glaze if you would like. I didn’t, but it would be tasty.
Also, poppy seed would be a nice touch. Again, didn’t do that. Though as I am typing this I’m realizing Lemon Poppy Seed Bread would be easy to make.
Adding blueberries or strawberries would be a delicious twist. Lemon pairs so nicely with so many different types of fruit or other ingredients.
Yes, this sweet bread would be appreciated by your family. Wrap it up and stick it in the freezer for later, eat it for breakfast or enjoy it as a snack. It works any way.
Mini Loaves Lemon Bread
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour (I used unbleached)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix together egg, milk, oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg mixture with the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased mini loaf pan 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 15-17 minutes or until test done.
- **You can also use a regular loaf pan if you don't have mini loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.