These delicious fall cookies with white frosting drizzled on top burst with pumpkin and chocolate flavor.
Frosted pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are exactly what the name applies. They are also a delicious and wonderful fall dessert your family will love.
They would be great to take to a bonfire or for the classroom fall party. Kids would love soft moist cookies with chocolate and frosting. You can just taste them, can’t you?
Oh yes, fall is right around the corner here and we love all things pumpkin. Pumpkin donuts and pumpkin ice cream rolls; my hubby is a pumpkin nut. He also likes nuts in pumpkin… but that is forbidden in my house so there’s that. ;-)
How To Make Frosted Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
As I mentioned above, these pumpkin cookies are a great dessert and are so moist and soft. In fact, when you make them, they don’t flatten on their own, instead, you have to flatten them with a spatula or the bottom of a glass. Then they puff up again. Oh, yum.
The ingredients are few and the cookies can be whipped up rather quickly. They also bake quickly too so if you are in a hurry for an easy to make frosted pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, these would be it.
First, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and of course, cinnamon.
Then cream together butter and sugar. Next, add in the egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
Of course, the most important part, ahem, the chocolate chips. I would imagine the pumpkin would be the most important part but go with me on this.
Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350*. The greased cookie sheet is different then normal cookies. With other cookies, you don’t need to grease the sheet and it actually will make the cookies spread. These pumpkin cookies are different, so be sure to grease the sheet with a cooking spray.
Frosted Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour, unbleached or bleached
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick margarine softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 T melted margarine or butter
- 2 tsp milk or almond milk
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl, set aside
- Blend together butter and sugar, using a hand mixer. Mix in pumpkin, egg, pumpkin and vanilla
- Stir in flour mixture and mix well using spoon
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Take glass or spatula and lightly press down on the cookie down to flatten
- Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack
- Whisk together powdered sugar, butter and milk
- Drizzle over cooled cookies
- Store in airtight container
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.