So Easy Hamburger Soup is a delicious meal made in the crock pot. Warm and flavorful, this recipe will be a fast favorite at your house.
This So Easy Hamburger Soup was thrown together last minute while I was cold, in a hurry and to be completely honest, the tail end of the shopping cycle. :-) My pantry was looking a little bare and my hungry crew would want something to eat.
You wanna know what was even better? Everyone LOVED it! It tasted great and it was extremely frugal. F.R.U.G.A.L. I think it cost our family less than $4 dollars to make and it fed our family of six not only supper, but a few of us had it for leftovers the next day.
I made it in the crock pot (of course!) but you can cook it on the stove. I love the whole dump the ingredients in and walk away concept. (Which I am sure you gathered from our taco soup and Spicy Sausage Soup!)
Do you have a slow cooker at home? I was talking with someone through social media who did not have a slow cooker. Do me a favor, will ya?
If you don't have a slow cooker you should get one. I use my slow cooker a few times a week. Without question. (Ask my family.) :-) Here are a few ideas for a slow cooker. There are programmable ones and simple ones. I personally go for the middle of the road slow cookers.
The only trick to this soup is to not add the shells until about 45 minutes before you are going to eat. You don't want the shells to get too soggy. Nobody wants soggy shells. Nobody.
Think you will like this soup? You can try it with dumplings too. Delicious!
So Easy Hamburger Soup
- 1 lb hamburger (browned and drained)
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with chili's or regular
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cup carrots peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup onion
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1-2 cups uncooked pasta I use shells, though macaroni noodles work too
- 1 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder each
- Brown hamburger in a frying pan with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Placed browned hamburger, tomatoes, beef broth, water, carrots, corn, *onion, tomato sauce in crock pot on low for 6 hours
- 30 minutes before serving, add shells. Stir at least once 15 minutes in
- *My family doesn't like to eat onion, but they like the taste. I place large onion pieces in the soup, then take the onion out before serving
Have you tried this So Easy Hamburger Soup Recipe? What do you think? Is it a family favorite at your house?