Easy Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups are a twist to a classic favorite. An easier way to enjoy Chicken Parmesan, this casserole will be a delight to your family. Enjoy the chicken, pasta sauce and deliciously melted cheese.
One of the ways I save time is when I get home from grocery shopping, I put the package of chicken in the crock pot to cook for the day. Then, when recipes like these Easy Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups call for already cooked chicken, I have the chicken already to go in the freezer.
Think of it: having already cooked chicken in the freezer can allow you to make delicious recipes like Chicken Noodle Casserole whether is was preplanned OR a last minute "what should I make for supper".
- cooked chicken
- pasta sauce
- lasagna noodles
- mozzarella cheese
- Italian bread crumbs
How to freeze cooked chicken
Freezing cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts are really easy. After the chicken is cooked, shred or dice the chicken into pieces. It can be stored in gallon sized bags or freezer safe container.
How to make Easy Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups
The noodles and chicken needs to be cooked ahead of time. As mentioned above, cooking the chicken on another date and having it in the freezer is the best way to have it on hand.
Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions, the drain.
The bread crumbs, egg, cheese and chicken will be mixed together in a small bowl. Spread the bread crumb mixture on the noodle and roll up the noodle. Place in the baking dish.
Repeat until finished.
The chicken parmesan casserole will need to be baked at 375 degrees for 25-30. The cheese will be melted and the sauce will be bubbly.
You can make this casserole ahead of time and place it in the refrigerator to cook later. Be sure to cover with foil.
Adding chopped spinach is a great way to add greens to your family's diet. I also think adding mushrooms would be a good choice.
If your family likes onions, those could be mixed into the chicken/breadcrumb mixture.
Pin for later!
Easy Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups
- 2 cups chicken cooked, chopped
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- ¾ cup grated parmesan
- ¾ cup Italian Season Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg
- 14 lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Grease bottom of 9x13 casserole dish. Spread ⅓ cup pasta sauce on bottom.
- Mix together egg, 1 cups Mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs. Parmesan cheese and chicken.
- Scooping one-two tablespoons at a time, spread on cooked lasagna noodle. Roll up and place in pan. Repeat.
- Top with remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 375° for 25-30 or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.