A delicious Blueberry And Cherry Red Velvet Bars recipe for you to enjoy. All the favorite ingredients combine for a yummy tasting dessert!
While I’m feeding the fam, most of my meals need to be quick, easy and frugal. I don’t have time (most nights) to make a gourmet meal with 5 courses. While hunting around in the cabinets for some dessert to make the other night, I needed something I could whip together in a hurry. I am a big fan of box cake mix because it is so versatile and so many wonderfully delicious food items can be made from it.
Like these blueberry and cherry red velvet bars.
I have stated so many times in the past, how glad we are we buy large quantities of blueberries and cherries in the summer and freeze them for wintertime. Pulling out a bag of fruit from my freezer when it is 10* outside just has a certain happiness to it that lightens any mood. (Think I’m exaggerating, I’m not. I have been stuck inside with very stir crazy children the last few weeks. Trust me when I say, it is the little things.)
These blueberry and cherry red velvet bars have only 5 ingredients in them. They come together in minutes and bake for about 25 minutes. The bars kept overnight well and were a huge hit with the family.
And since red velvet is all that and a bag of chips, they just have to be good, right? Of course. :-)
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups drained cherries
- 1 stick butter , melted and divided
- Mix french vanilla cake and 4 tablespoons melted butter in a small bowl.
- Spread on bottom of greased 8X10 cake pan.
- Mix blueberries, cherries and 1 tablespoon flour in a bowl.
- Spread on top of cake mix.
- Mix red velvet cake mix and 4 tablespoons melted butter in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in 375* oven for 20-25 minutes.