Cheesy Egg Muffins are so simple to make, and a delicious breakfast recipe your family will love! Combine eggs, sausage, tater tots and cheese for a freezer friendly quick breakfast.
Whether you make these for breakfast or breakfast for supper, these Cheesy Egg Muffins are so scrumptious. This breakfast egg recipe can be eaten right away or frozen for a quick breakfast on busy mornings.
This bite sized breakfast are perfect on the go or anytime!
- tater tots - I prefer to use the tater tots rounds
- cheddar cheese - Colby Jack would be good as well
- sausage - your favorite kind
Tater tots verses tater rounds
Tater tots can be used instead of tater rounds, however I prefer the rounds. What is the difference? The tater rounds are flatter and smaller so they fit in the cups better. Tater tots will certainly work, they will just be bigger and you will have more potato flavor.
How to make cheesy egg muffins
To make this freezer friendly breakfast recipe, be sure to grease the muffin tins well. Nobody wants to dig stuck potatoes on the bottom of the pan.
Mix the eggs, milk, cheese and sausage in a medium sized bowl then pour into the muffin tins over the tater tots. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are firm.
How to freeze and reheat the egg muffins
After the egg muffins have cooked and cooled, remove them from the pan.
A tip: to remove the cheesy egg muffins, use a knife to loosen them from the pan, then use a fork to lift them.
Place them in a large resealable plastic bag. Freeze for up to two months.
To reheat, pull a couple muffins out and place on a microwavable plate. Microwave for desired time to warm thoroughly.
Additional ingredient ideas
This recipe is so adaptable. Adjust this recipe to fit your family tastes and likes!
- Green peppers
- Different cheeses
You could make a batch and freeze for busy mornings or school mornings. Such a simple and adaptable recipe great for your family!
Cheesy Egg Muffins
- 1 12 cup muffin cups
- 7 eggs
- 24 tater tots
- ½ cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 lb sausage
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Place two tater tots in bottom of muffin tins.
- Cook sausage until no longer pink on stove top.
- Mix eggs, cooked sausage, cheese and milk in a medium bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over tater tots.
- Bake at 375* for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are firm.
- Serve or wrap cooled egg muffins in freezer bag and freeze until ready to use.