Easy and delicious Twix Rice Krispie Treats has peanut butter, caramel and chocolate. Based in a the classic rice krispie treat, these chewy and easy to make bars will be a fast favorite and they do make up fast! Enjoy these sweet treats for snack or dessert!
Does anyone else feel the Rice Krispie treats are just about the perfect dessert recipe? I certainly do. I can't tell you how much I love walking up to a dessert table and eyeing a plateful of gooey marshmallowy goodness.
Dramatic? Yeah, possibly. But really, layers of marshmallow, cereal, and in this case of Twix Rice Krispies, caramel and chocolate, what's not to love?
Oh, and they are so incredible easy to make and they don't require the oven. Gotta love that.
Why not Twix? In case you do not know, Twix candy bar has layers of cookie, caramel and chocolate. They are the only candy bar with "the cookie crunch". Personally, they are my favorite.
When you combine the marshmallow and cereal and add in the caramel, you have a winning combination. Did I mention there is peanut butter too?
Yes there is.
- Rice Krispies
- Peanut Butter
- Twix Candy Bars
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Every rice krispie recipe starts the same way: melting the marshmallow and butter together. You can use margarine or butter for this recipe. I personally use margarine to help cut out the amount of actual dairy I consume. But either will work.
After the marshmallows get completely melted, then you will need to stir in the peanut butter.
Question: Crunchy or Creamy?
So the answer is yes, you can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter. Whatever you have in your pantry works. The crunchy peanut butter will add a little more crunch (obviously) but with the crunch of the Twix bars, you probably won't notice.
After stirring in the peanut butter completely, then you will add the cereal and chopped Twix bars.
Do you need to finely chop the Twix bars?
The Twix bars can be in bite sized pieces and the heat from the melting of the marshmallows will help soften them. The Twix pieces don't need to be melted completely.
In fact, they won't melt completely because of the cookie inside of them.
After spreading the mixture out in a greased baking pan, the chocolate chips will be melted in the microwave. After they are melted, spread it over the rice krispies and sprinkle on the remaining Twix bars.
Let cool and cut into squares and serve. Delicious!
So many varieties
One of the best things about Rice Krispie treats is the variations you can do. From Lego Krispies to Salted Caramel Pecan Krispies the choices and options are limitless.
Here are a few other "Krispie" ideas: White Chocolate Dipped Krispies, Fruity Pebbles Krispies and Strawberry Krispies.
Twix Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 12 oz large marshmallows
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ cup Twix candy bar chopped, and divided
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt marshmallows and butter together in a medium saucepan until completely melted
- Stir in peanut butter and melt together with the marshmallows
- Stir in cereal and mix well. Then fold in 1 cup of the Twix candy bars
- Spread on the bottom of a greased 9 inch baking pan. Press the mixture down into the pan so the krispies are firm
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds then stir. Melt at 20 second intervals until completely melted
- Spread on top of the Krispie bars and sprinkle remaining Twix bars on top
- Let the Twix Krispies rest and firm up for about 30 minutes. Cut into squares