The French Puffs coated with cinnamon and sugar are an old family favorite. Moist, delicious and everyone loves them!
*This post contains affiliate links
Gotta admit something here, I didn’t think I would ever taste French Puffs like my sister used to make ever again. I have been searching, tweaking and thinking about those amazing little muffins for years now. (Do you have a recipe like that? You know it is out there somewhere but you just can’t find it??) She would make the French Puffs when we were kids. I don’t think French Puffs is what we used to call these tasty muffins; I believe we just called them cinnamon sugar muffins. (Though correct me if I am wrong, dear sister.)
Alas, I have the perfect French Puffs recipe. They taste exactly like hers used to.
These muffins are a great combination of cinnamon, sugar on the outside and a touch of cinnamon on the inside. There are not many ingredients so the muffins come together very easily.
I think these French Puffs would work great for breakfast or for snack. The children packed them in their lunches and I think they would freeze well. That is, if they would make it to the freezer. Ahem. I don’t think they lasted longer than 24 hours. I would say a double or triple batch would be necessary. ;-)
Items To Use For French Puffs
- 1/3 c butter , softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c milk
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 stick melted margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix together butter, egg and sugar.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to the butter mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Fill greased muffins cups 1/2-2/3 full.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Yield 10-12 muffins.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Roll muffins in the butter then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
The nutrition facts you see here are estimates. Please see our nutrition page.
Baking With Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you purchase through the links, I will receive a small commission.